Starting to bite!!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Mum2betash, May 29, 2013.

1. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

Hi, my lo is 7 months old and has got her first 2 bottom teeth poking through and very sharp. The problem I've got is that this morning she has started biting!!! She did it a couple of times and the last time got some blood. It killed!! I want to keep bf but it hurts so much when she does it I don't k ow if I'll be able to keep on. and she's not only biting she's clamping down as she pulls off too- OUCH!!!!! Has anyone got any advice as I don't want to give up. Thank you xx

2. Nicnax

Nicnax Well-Known Member

Ouch, you poor thing. No advice, as my little lady is only 4months, but I will be stalking this, as Molly bit me yesterday, and although she has no teeth, she has bruised my nipple! Someone will have advice. :)

3. mrswoody

mrswoody Well-Known Member

Hey lovely.
    My little lady had 2 teeth also and has bitten me a few times once drawing blood. I sympathise with you as it is bloody sore!
    I've started saying No biting and she comes off boob when I do.
    I've found that she doesn't do it as much and if she does it is only a little nibble instead of a full on bite iykwim.

I don't want to stop bfing either so I'm hoping now she knows her teeth are there that she will stop doing it

Xx