Starting our fertility assistance journey

SugaryIris

Reaction score
hi lovelies,

I had my consult with the fertility doctor today and received my AMH results and we decided on a treatment plan.

My AMH was 26.05 which she said was fine?

I’ve had 3 chemicals so she isn’t worried about my ability to get pregnant and she thinks chlomid will help me ovulate and get more regular cycles and that will be enough.

Her main concerns was whether there are any issues causing me to lose the pregnancies.

Firstly she wants me to double my folic acid and to also start a cause of Inofolic which is recommended for ladies with PCOS.

Then she wants me to get the gp to do a few more thyroid tests (she can do them but would cost £700 so might as well get it on the nhs).

Then we will start a course of chlomid if the above is all ok.

She did mention that we could try intralipid infusions? Apparently they can help with early mcs but there is not a lot of research to support it yet and it’s a very expensive extra and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences of this?

Sorry for the ramblings just trying to make sense of the overload of information I received today! Xx

hi lovelies,

I had my consult with the fertility doctor today and received my AMH results and we decided on a treatment plan.

My AMH was 26.05 which she said was fine?

I’ve had 3 chemicals so she isn’t worried about my ability to get pregnant and she thinks chlomid will help me ovulate and get more regular cycles and that will be enough.

Her main concerns was whether there are any issues causing me to lose the pregnancies.

Firstly she wants me to double my folic acid and to also start a cause of Inofolic which is recommended for ladies with PCOS.

Then she wants me to get the gp to do a few more thyroid tests (she can do them but would cost £700 so might as well get it on the nhs).

Then we will start a course of chlomid if the above is all ok.

She did mention that we could try intralipid infusions? Apparently they can help with early mcs but there is not a lot of research to support it yet and it’s a very expensive extra and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences of this?

Sorry for the ramblings just trying to make sense of the overload of information I received today! Xx

Hi SugaryIris,

I don’t know anything about intralipid infusions but wanted to say that all sounds really positive.

Do you feel better now you have a plan?
X

Hi SugaryIris,

I don’t know anything about intralipid infusions but wanted to say that all sounds really positive.

Do you feel better now you have a plan?
X

So much better, thank you, I went in to the appointment wanting to try ovulation induction instead of jumping straight into ivf because we have caught before, I just hope can get one to stick!

Hopefully this is the beginning of your journey to your bfp x

A friend of my sis had a few mcs, and did karyotyping to find out more about the reasons. Finally she got pregnant via IVF PGS NGS, as it was the only option in her case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back