Starting IVF AMH 2.2 Age 36

Jezby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

It's been over a year since my 1st pregnancy loss, as we haven't been able to fall since we started the fertility investigations.

Absolutely everything is fine apart from the dreaded AMH 2.2 pmo/l (0.4 on the other scale!)

Had our 1st appointment with the consultant yesterday, we were both feeling really positive as I still have regular periods, I ovulate and I'm under 38. But she was so negative!!!

I understand they have to deliver the facts, but 5-7% chance of success broke my heart...

She said if we were to go ahead we needed to do it quickly, positively & realistically - so we have booked it on for next month.

I'll be on 450ml of Bemafol - sounds like alot!!

Anyone with a similar experience? any good stories to keep my chin up today? :(

With love
J xx

I don't have any success stories for you but I'm sure they're out there! Didn't want to read and run, good luck, I hope it works for you x

I can't help with personal experiences, just wanted to wish good luck x

Hi Hun

Sorry to hear of your loss and the news about your low amh. Many women take CoQ10 supplements and have found that their amh tests have increased after 3 months on a high dose of this. Certainly the numbers of follicles I had growing increased noticeably after I was taking this.

Xx

You see the little 3D pic on my profile there, that's my baby, conceived through IVF with similar AMH to you at 33 years of age! It can happen, they have to tell you the 'statistics' but that's all they are.
I have had 2 rounds of IVF, both when my AMH was so low, conceived both times, (lost the first one due to a rare twin disorder) .
First round I produced 11 eggs, the second time, 13 so pretty good going for a very low egg reserve. I did take high dose coq10 and high dose vit d. Lots and lots (and lots) of protein in diet and had acupuncture etc
Please don't feel disheartened, keep positive, its good to have a positive mindset throughout the process, I always remember what someone said to me once, 'the body hears what the mind tells it'. I found the zita west download very good for that.
Best of luck with it all x

Forgot to add, I am not familiar with that drug so I don't know the doses but I was on a very aggressive protocol, the highest dosage of gonal f and then another stim drug on top of that. I was on the max dose of everything but we had to push my body to get the eggies x

Hi Hun

Sorry to hear of your loss and the news about your low amh. Many women take CoQ10 supplements and have found that their amh tests have increased after 3 months on a high dose of this. Certainly the numbers of follicles I had growing increased noticeably after I was taking this.

Xx

Thank you for replying... I have been taking a high dose of Co10 for about 3 weeks now, although its not endorsed by my clinic. Presumably because its NHS and they have to just stock to the folic acid & Vit D advice, but its very reassuring to hear that it worked for you :) xx

You see the little 3D pic on my profile there, that's my baby, conceived through IVF with similar AMH to you at 33 years of age! It can happen, they have to tell you the 'statistics' but that's all they are.
I have had 2 rounds of IVF, both when my AMH was so low, conceived both times, (lost the first one due to a rare twin disorder) .
First round I produced 11 eggs, the second time, 13 so pretty good going for a very low egg reserve. I did take high dose coq10 and high dose vit d. Lots and lots (and lots) of protein in diet and had acupuncture etc
Please don't feel disheartened, keep positive, its good to have a positive mindset throughout the process, I always remember what someone said to me once, 'the body hears what the mind tells it'. I found the zita west download very good for that.

Forgot to add, I am not familiar with that drug so I don't know the doses but I was on a very aggressive protocol, the highest dosage of gonal f and then another stim drug on top of that. I was on the max dose of everything but we had to push my body to get the eggies x

I do indeed see the little 3d pic... made me smile. :) Thanks so much for replying. 11 & 13 - thats extraordinary - on a similar AMH? wow. I saw on some of my paperwork I have an AFC of 5 on my right, the left always seems to have a little ovulation cyst on it when I'm scanned so I'm in the dark as to have many (if any) are there. My consultant seems to think I maybe working off just 1 functionary ovary hence the abysmal AMH level.

I'm on 600 mg on Co10 but like I said above its not endorsed and actually the nurse said not take anything else apart from Vit D & folic acid, but I'm going to stick with it.

I think that quote is very inspiring.. and prob very true. It is so hard, I'm sure you have all been there obsessively googling every forum and every graph with low AMH & success rate. I've finally done my own head in and stopped. This is far better and healthier - talking with you lovely ladies.

I'll be on the antagonist prototol - I believe Bemfola is a substitute or equivalent for Gonal F & the other drug is Cetrotide

J xxx

I do indeed see the little 3d pic... made me smile. :) Thanks so much for replying. 11 & 13 - thats extraordinary - on a similar AMH? wow. I saw on some of my paperwork I have an AFC of 5 on my right, the left always seems to have a little ovulation cyst on it when I'm scanned so I'm in the dark as to have many (if any) are there. My consultant seems to think I maybe working off just 1 functionary ovary hence the abysmal AMH level.

I'm on 600 mg on Co10 but like I said above its not endorsed and actually the nurse said not take anything else apart from Vit D & folic acid, but I'm going to stick with it.

I think that quote is very inspiring.. and prob very true. It is so hard, I'm sure you have all been there obsessively googling every forum and every graph with low AMH & success rate. I've finally done my own head in and stopped. This is far better and healthier - talking with you lovely ladies.

I'll be on the antagonist prototol - I believe Bemfola is a substitute or equivalent for Gonal F & the other drug is Cetrotide

J xxx

Yes my AMH was 2 initially for first IVF and was 4 for second IVF.
Your situation sounds similar to mine, I think my AFC was around 4 or 5 on right and 2 on the left. I had a cyst on the left side which I think prevented ovulation from that side. I had the cyst removed but it still didn't function as well. It did pick up with the IVF drugs, the right one still produced more but the left helped too ;)

Oh I googled every possible thing about AMH and it drove me mad, I couldn't help myself though. Just come on here instead :) x

Last edited:
Well I’m on day 7 of stimms.. clinic don’t want to see me until Friday so I’m getting a little nervous about what they will see. Haven’t really felt much in terms of side effects. A tiny bit bloated and slight fizzing / gurgling in my ovaries but really not much to write home about , also a bit of back ache.

It’s hard not having a scan for 9 days. I’m guessing coz my no’s are so low they’re not that fussed about close monitoring. The waiting is far more agonising than any physical aspect of this journey!!

Hey I had poster about just finding out about my low AMH. Mine is 3.7 and I am 35. I habe never managed to fall pregnant and been ttc for 2 years. All my other results are good and so are hubbies. I am devestaed about this but ordered coq10 and dhea and going to hope that helps. Been crying most days thid week but I know that doesn't change things. I've just got to try and be positive now and focus on getting my mind and body strong . I sign consent on 3rd Dec then will start Jan or Feb wherever there is a space .

I hope your feeling okay and I will follow your journey. Sending you lots of egg dust to boost those eggies ... good luck hun x

Hey there,

I know how you feel it’s devastating news - but they got 10 eggs from me & I heard yesterday that 7 fertilised normally & they are hopeful for a day 5 transfer. With the low numbers and my consultant predicting a 5-7% chance of success and a max of 4 eggs- well it’s a miracle!!

Stay strong and keep going - you just don’t know until you try....
Xx

Sadly alll 7 of my eggs are severely fragmented. There’s 1 that looks vaguely ok but they’re not hopeful. Decided to wait until day 5 to see if any right themselves or that 1 gets stronger.

It’s all been so good this far I’m devastated.... anyone got any experience in fragmented embryos?

J xx

I am so sorry it wasn't more positive news. I don't have any experience so can't advise. I hope there is more positive news over the coming days x

My lovely embryologist popped in on a Sunday to give us an update - 4 have succumbed to the fragmentation so aren't viable. However there are 3 that are pushing on to the 8 cell - morula stage.

So we are booked in for transfer 12:30pm pending another update first thing. Fingers and toes crossed they don't arrest over night

J xx

Yasssss amazing news. Everything crossed for you girl. Let us know ! X

Best of luck to you. Come on little embies!! Xx

As of 1:15pm Monday 12th Nov I have 2 little embryos on board! 1 managed to spring into early blastocyst minutes before transfer, the other was a 9 cell but was still going albeit slowly... the wait begins xx

Clever little embies. I hope they're making themselves super cosy in there :) xx

As of 1:15pm Monday 12th Nov I have 2 little embryos on board! 1 managed to spring into early blastocyst minutes before transfer, the other was a 9 cell but was still going albeit slowly... the wait begins xx

Yay that is such good news ! Wishing you all the luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back