Start of labour??

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just wondering if this is your 2nd + baby what symptoms did you have at the start of labour? With my first daughter I don't remember having any 'bloody show' or braxton hicks I just woke up on my 3rd day of being overdue with period type cramps...saw the midwife at lunch time who did a sweep and things progressed from there...I didn't loose my plug until I went to the loo on the triage ward! That was 7 years ago!!

Second baby is not due until 27th Nov and so far I have had the following -
Tuesday - woke up with period type cramps...had a bit of blood in knickers when I went to the loo and lots of discharge (show)
Wednesday - more cramps so I stayed off work to rest however no more blood
The last few days I have gone to the loo a LOT and it has been quite loose! Have also been feeling 'wet' and when I woke this morning it felt like it does when you start your period in the night accept it was just discharge! My family keep saying these are all good signs and recon she will be here soon! It's my daughters birthday next Saturday and I was hoping she would stay in until after then! Fingers crossed x

I had a week of false labour every evening, then nothing for a good few days, then woke up st 3:30 feeling like an elastic band snapped down there and my waters went. The night before nothing! This was my second x

My second was fast, I had a sweep the day before. I was so constipated I tryed to go for a poo and popped my waters on the toilet. I walked down with a paramedic and just made it to hospital. Third was quick to she was a water birth, I was sat at home on a birthing ball watching eastenders and my waters popped. Fourth I walked in 10cm I was fine but even when I got to hospital after three hours they had to pop my waters for me. Let's hope number 5 goes ok to xx

Hi ladies. Thanks for your replies. I am worried baby will come quite quickly but I don't want to go to hospital too early as I need to be cotinuesly monitored as I have opted for a VBAC. With my first my waters didn't go until I was in the delivery room and the midwife was checking how far along I was..however I only made it to 9cm! I am at the midwife for a check up next week and I will be nearly 38 weeks so will see if she can check if anything is happening! Xx

With my 3rd ... I had period cramps and a show 48hours before I started contractions at 2am dull ache, got to hospital at 9am he was born 20mins after my waters broke

If you continue to be very damp it could be your waters trickling. A friend of mine had this and after a week got seen by midwife who was v concerned and then they discovers half the baby's waters were gone! Keep an eye on it and call midwife for advice-especially as you've lost your plug so it's a strong possibility xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back