Standing - furniture walking... Toys!

Lolly85x

Reaction score
So all W wants to do is stand, or walk round the furniture. He won't sit down for long and play with toys before he's pulled himself up and walking along the couch... He has one of the push along walkers, but he just goes so fast on the laminate floor in scared he falls on his face. He has an activity table to stand and play with. But that only keeps him occupied for a wee while... Any ideas what else I could get him to entertain him. He has a HUGE pile if toys he's not interested in.

Alex is similar. There isn't room to keep all of his little toys out at once so I've put some of them in a big plastic bucket thing. The last few days he's had hours of fun standing holding on to the edge with one hand and pulling everything out of it with the other... then I put them all back in again and he does it all again :lol:

We're just getting to that stage too. T lives walking round the furniture.

I very nearly bought a 'thudguard' as we have hard tiled floors but my mum seriously poo pooed it.

I think it's a case of walking them round all day, keeps me fit!
Xx

Alex is similar. There isn't room to keep all of his little toys out at once so I've put some of them in a big plastic bucket thing. The last few days he's had hours of fun standing holding on to the edge with one hand and pulling everything out of it with the other... then I put them all back in again and he does it all again :lol:

Wss!! I have toy bags which are pretty but nothing makes C happier than a big box full of toys which he can pull himself up and fling the toys around!! I also hide toys in boxes and he has great fun opening and discovering.

Ethan's exactly the same. He will no longer sit and play at all, constantly walking along the furniture and hasn't got to grips with his push along walker (pushes it too hard for his little legs to keep up! lol)..
I find myself walking with him around the house all day and putting some small toys on the sofa for him to stand and play xx

I wish my LO would show an interest in standing up and trying to walk :-( x

I wished exactly the same thing! My LO has started to stand up and hold on (no cruising or walking yet) in the last week - she's almost 16 months old now. They all do it when they're ready.

Thanks ladies! Where did you get the sturdier toy boxes.'? He does love emptying his toys.xx

The all do these things at a different time! W just done it once then that's been him everyday :) just happens overnight xxx

Ah, hun, do you remember me being worried about T? She finally started crawling at 11.5 months, and is now pulling up, cruising and wanting to walk ALL the time. I have to hold her hands, so all she does is crawl over to me and climb me and then whinge until I take her for a walk. Repeat a zillion times ALL DAY. It's driving me insane. Enjoy his immobility while it lasts. If he's anything like T he will show no inclination one day and then before you know it he'll be up and about like a little whirlwind.

I don't have any advice, Lolly. I'm in the same boat as you are right now and trying to work from home at the same time. It's killing me xxx

Last edited:
I have a storage box just from tesco, his toys are in that but I'm pretty sure he would be able to topple it over :) I've pulled it out so he can just go have a rummage though. But we will see how he goes.xxx

I totally agree Karen. It's hard work trying to entertain them... I don't know how you do it and try and work!!!xx

What about the big foam playmats? We got ours from tesco, two packs of four giant ones, or you can get 8 packs of littler ones. We have laminate floors too and it terrifies me. She properly faceplanted from a sitting position the other night and smacked her little nose really hard. I hate it. I want carpets but we're renting! So we just sit her on the foam mats and we're getting a large playpen soon to surround the mats so she's got somewhere to move around without hurting herself xx

Daddy got a whack earlier when he was trying to snooze on the sofa where miss dg pulled herself up to stand. Shes the exact same. I get no peace. At 8.5months shes got me run rqggit. I was hoping for a late mover lol. Xx

tapatalking

We've got a big builders bucket in bright pink from b&q which i put in the middle of the room and fill with her toys, Its pretty sturdy so she hasn't toppled it over pulling herself up yet...

scuse the mess and terrible picture xc

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371974034905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371974034905.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads