stage 1 formula Q? midwife/h.v contradicting them self's

specialbump

Reaction score
hi my friend was told by her health visitor not to move her 3 week baby to hungry baby shes takeing 3oz every 3 hours guzzling it down but never has more than 3 oz a time but shes never settled or content always thumb sucking and looking for more but when offerd more she throws it up,i sugested try the hungry baby one its from birth and a thicker formula as i was led to belive,the health visitor said they recomend now that u keep your baby on stage 1 milk untill they wean them self's off it because its far better for them my friend being a first time mum took the advice on board but personaly i think shes still hungry shes bringin wind up brilliantly

also baby was constipated didnt go for 2 days the health visitor said give her some water between feeds and it will loosen her bowels.she did this and it seemed to work but now her bowel movements are really slimey and runny.its been years since i had a baby so i dont remember the nappy colours hers is runny yellow and lots of.

but one of her friends was advised by a midwife not to give newborns water as it gives dioreah ??

can any 1 confirm any of this please as she doesnt know wether shes coming or going they conflict what the other is saying

many thanks c XX

hi my friend was told by her health visitor not to move her 3 week baby to hungry baby shes takeing 3oz every 3 hours guzzling it down but never has more than 3 oz a time but shes never settled or content always thumb sucking and looking for more but when offerd more she throws it up,i sugested try the hungry baby one its from birth and a thicker formula as i was led to belive,the health visitor said they recomend now that u keep your baby on stage 1 milk untill they wean them self's off it because its far better for them my friend being a first time mum took the advice on board but personaly i think shes still hungry shes bringin wind up brilliantly

also baby was constipated didnt go for 2 days the health visitor said give her some water between feeds and it will loosen her bowels.she did this and it seemed to work but now her bowel movements are really slimey and runny.its been years since i had a baby so i dont remember the nappy colours hers is runny yellow and lots of.

but one of her friends was advised by a midwife not to give newborns water as it gives dioreah ??

can any 1 confirm any of this please as she doesnt know wether shes coming or going they conflict what the other is saying

many thanks c XX

I have always given my daughter water from 2 days old , ruby suffered from colic and water really helped her bring her wind up , with regards to hungry baby milk I waited until 8 weeks to switch ruby , to be honest every 3 hours sounds on to go between feeds ruby was feeding every 1.5 hours to 2 xxx

I wouldnt give hungry baby if she goes 3 hours between feeds. Does she have a dummy? Maybe she is looking for comfort?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I agree with what the other are saying, 3 hours for 3 oz sounds about right to be honest. I have a little boy who routes at every occasion making me think he's hungry! Lol If he's hungry = hands in his mouth, if he's tired = hands in mouth, bored = hands in mouth!! It's taken til now to learn the subtle differences haha

As for the water thing, i asked my midwife about giving water as Harrison hadn't been for over 24 hours. She said small amounts of cooled boiled water is fine between feeds. So i make a point of offering water but only half an oz no more and for Harrison this has done the trick. He's very regular going each morning and as far as i'm aware runny and yellow is perfectly normal. Again the midwife asked the colour of his poop and the only to describe it was as a korma! She said that's perfectly normal :D

Maybe now her little girls poops are softer she can offer the water only once a day? Upping the amount if she notices her poops becoming to hard again. As for the hungry milk i think 3 weeks is still a bit too young and if she is suffering with constipation now the hungry milk may only aggravate the situation. I think with my first i changed him over to hungry milk about 6 weeks as he was drinking so much in such a short amount of time. The hungry milk really helped him.

x x x

hi people thanks again for more advice weould be lost without this site.

the waters offers to her once a day she only takes a few mouth fulls b4 spiting it back in ur face lol her poos havnt been hard alwasy soft and squidgey but she didnt go for 2 days and the h.v said she was constipated its so confusing when 1 health care profession says 1 thing and the other another thing.

her feeding is 3oz a time 3 hourly but after 1 hour .45 shes hands in her mouth wingey and unsettled its not wind crys she does its lieks he wants more feed so shes ending up spoilt rotten being carried about untill she drops off and wakes for another feed shes tried her with a dummy but she spits it back out because theres no milk in it.shes now 3 weeks and so clever how she has established a little i know how to play you routine lol

many thanks again guys will pass this on x

could she be lactose intolerant, or reflux? maybe she wants more than 3oz but just cant. Thats why she is getting unsettled an hour after a feed. Could be pain due to reflux or cows milk or lactose?

poor wee toot. Hope she gets it sorted soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back