stabbing pains

hayley_17

Reaction score
hiya... just wanted to ask if any other mums had stabbing pains in their stomachs?? ive not been too well all weekend & today i went to see the midwife who sent me to the hospital. i got checked over and me and baby seem fine but im still having constant stabbing pain right across my belly. they felt my cervix and im not in labour, apparently its still hard so doesnt seem like ill be in labour anytime soon. i feel a bit silly cuz my blood, urine and everything came back fine but im still having this pain and i dont no why :(
any help would be great... thanks in advance!
hayley xx

Hi Hayley

I had stabbing pains in my belly when I was pg with Isaac and it was just my food going through me. For some reason I couldn't digest certain things when I was pregnant, especially meat, and some nights the pains were so bad I thought I was in labour. I drank lots of water to flush my system and it helped. I told the midwives at the hospital and they said to come straight to the hospital if I had any bleeding or if the pains were really bad but it never came to that. The only other pains I had were braxton hicks but they were more like tightening pains and they make your tummy go hard so you kind of know when they happen.

Hope you are ok

Lou :)

on the back of what lou said, if thats what was wrong with her you might need to try soups (nightmare in this weather) or liquidised food.
If you are in any doubt just go back to the hospital,

hope you feel better soon

Laura

Thanks... yeh it could just be the food going through me... i never thought of that :think: the midwife said it could be because the baby is breech and he is stretching all my stomach muscles more than usual but they will keep an eye on me and if it gets worse im 2 go straight back in. she thinks if it stays the same and im no better in the next few weeks they could deliver me early :shock: so not ready lol so fingers crossed everything will be ok!! :pray:
xx

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. And don't worry about labour, honestly its the best experience you'll ever have! I can't wait to do it all again :)

Take care of yourself

Lou :)

to be honest im not even worried about being in labour lou, i really hope i can have natural labour... the midwife doesnt think this little man will turn (hes breech right now) and ill end up having a cesarean :shock: thats what im really worried about... its like major surgery and it really scares me more than anything else! im in a lot of pain today :( think i will be going back to midwife this afternoon cuz im sick of being in this pain now :cry:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back