Squash?? Baby juice??

Laur_250

Reaction score
Damn that bloomin error message this is the 3rd time I've made this post, hope it works this time!! :lol:

In my red book it says 'do not give squash!' which i assume is due to the high sugar content and i think they say it can rot teeth before they even come through?! I know you can buy special baby huices BUT...what about adult 'no added sugar' squash?? Is this STILL too high in sugar?? What do you give your LO other than water?? Thanks :hug: xx

I'm addicted to cartons of orange juice, and the occasional apple. So i put some of this in her beaker and top it up with water. I only put a tiny bit of juice in.
I must admit though i very rarely give her the odd no added sugar juice of hours. It is rare though. And my HV told me i can give her cows milk as part of her meal too.

TBH I'd be more wary of "no added sugar" stuff cos artificial sweetners are just chemicals and some of them have got a few health warnings attached to them, like This one

Thanks Urchin didnt know about that! Think I will start buying pure fruit juices then and diluting them like you Lisa, does it have to be a certain 'low sugar' one or is just any of them, some are 'made from concentrate' aren't they, is that Ok?? :hug: xx

I have to agree, Im wary of artificial sweeteners too, aspartame particularly. I think its banned in America as its so dangerous... We still use it in our diet drinks over here in the UK though as its so cheap... :roll:

ReggiesMummy said:
Thanks Urchin didnt know about that! Think I will start buying pure fruit juices then and diluting them like you Lisa, does it have to be a certain 'low sugar' one or is just any of them, some are 'made from concentrate' aren't they, is that Ok?? :hug: xx

I just by the cheapest ones. Asda smartprice ones do me. I think they're made from concentrate.

I would go for pure juice, rather than a low sugar one, as anything low sugar tends to have sweetener added to compensate. As long as you water it down well enough it should be fine. I have only ever tried giving LO juice once when she was ill and I was desperate to get fluid into her and she spat it out and looked like I had poisoned her! So we have stuck to water, which is all we drink anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back