Spotting?

Kim

Reaction score
Hi all

I am nealy 7 weeks PG and today I have noticed a small amount of brown blood. I have no pain, is this something to worry about?

Please reply if you have ever had this or know what is going on...

Thank you

have you contacted your doctor/midwife??

if its only spooting then hopefuly things should be fine, let us know
xxx

I've had brown spotting on and off since I was 6 weeks and it's not really anything to worry about. When I had it the first time they discovered I had a cervical erosion which is really common, especially during pregnancy and is harmless.

I took myself off to the hospital last night as a precaution. I was internally examined and told that my cervix was closed which is a good sign. They could not do a scan because my hospital doesn't do emergency scans, and if I want one I have to get my GP to refer me on Tuesday :x

Looking ok though thank God...

Are you going to go for the scan? It helped to set my mind at rest when I did.

Let me know how you get on. Jacq x

Yes if I can.

I'm going to phone the doctors in the morning and if he will refer me I will definately go. The thing is I also dont want to know if it's bad news if that makes sense??

Can you help me out on this one:

My nausea has got a lot better and my boobs aren't as sore. Does this mean my hormone levels are dropping or could it be a coincidence? Can symptoms die down by week 7?

I have done a HPT ysterday and today and they both came up BFP immediately and really dark lines, but I am just so worried...

I wouldnt read anything into your symptoms being less, I think everyone is different.

Surely if your doctor sees how concerned you are he will refer you? And I know how scary it is, honestly, when I was getting my scan done I was in tears before i even went in the room, but I would rather have known early on if there was a problem, however scary it would have been to face.

I think it sounds like everything is fine, the spotting thing seems to be quite normal from what i read. And you have 2 positive tests which won't be wrong.

I hope they give you the scan, I'll be thinking of you until I hear more.

Jacq xx

Thanks Jacq

Knowing you have been through it makes me feel a lot better cos you can advise me what to do. Spoke too soon about the nausea, I can feel it coming back already and my boobs are still a bit sore. I read on another site that hormone levels rise and drop, so maybe I'm having a symptom free day, I may feel like crap tomorrow!! I hope so!!!

I also read that a brown discharge is normal at around 8 weeks (i'm nearly 7) so that put my mind at ease.

I hope I can see or speak to the doctor. With it being bank hol, and the surgery is only open Tues morning, I can see it being a struggle to get seen to. My mum said go in and refuse to leave until I have been sorted, think I may end up doing that if they dont sort it out over the phone.

My other prob is that work don't know I'm pregnant so I don't know what to say when I phone in tomorrow???

I bet everything is going to be fine. I keep thinking it will be good when we get to 12 weeks then we can stop worrying, but I bet then I will start panicking about actually having the baby!

Re your work, do you not want to tell them becuase its too early? I told my boss before I went for my scan and he was great, he just wanted everything to be ok for me. Also, if they know, they have to pay you for going to your appointments.

But if you dont want to tell them, just make something up, I am becoming the worlds best liar with this pregnancy. I love going out with friends at the weekend but they dont know I am expecting, so I am telling fibs left right and centre to get out of nights out! I tell myself its for a good cause, that way I wont get struck down with a bolt of lightening.

You'll think of something :wink:

Oh, and I'm with your mum about the doctors. Stand your ground and insist on referral. They cant expect you to worry for the next 4/5 weeks, its not healthy.

Jacq x

Hi

I have been thinking today and have decided I don't want to go for the scan. I can't put my finger on why, I guess I'm scared that it wont be good news. I'm just going to let nature take it's course, I'm not stressing any more, I know everything will be ok.

Hi Kim

I had brown bleeding from week 4 until about week 8 i left it for a week for nature to take it's course after already having one miscarriage and having to have a D&C as a result.

After a weeek i went to the dr and they sent me for early scan and they could see a heart beat i was told to go bach in 2 weeks time as i was emigrating and wanted to get sorted before i left the uk if anything had gone wrong, at the 2nd scan there was still a heart beat and the baby had grown the amount it should have in 2 weeks,

I have had heavy red bleeding and loss of tissue since then but bubs is still fine, i'm having a few problems at the moment with pains and a heavinesss feeling up inside if i sit down, i have my scan tomorrow and hopefully everything will be ok, even if it is i won't stop worrying until the baby is born, it's been a real long hard pregnancy so far for me but hopefully in the end it'll be worth it.

Let us know how things go.

good luck and take it easy

manda x x

Changed my mind (again!!) and went to see the doctor who phoned through and got me a scan for tomorrow morning.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Hi Kim

I'm glad you are going, it will set your mind at rest a bit.

Speak to you soon
Jacq x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back