Spotting for last 6 cycles - help :(

Spotter17

Reaction score
My story is quite long but I'm at a crossroads. I took Ella One in August after a mishap and then I got back with my ex after 5 years and at first we were being careful. After the Ella one I had spotting before my period but just put it down to the hormones. Since then every month I have been spotting pre-af. And maybe for 4 cycles I haven't been using protection. My cycles have been around 30 days since taking the morning after pill. Over the last few months I've been checking my CM and more or less guess my ovulation from that. I've been to the docs and they first thought maybe I had a polyp but then the second doctor said it wasn't a polyp just a small growth that is nothing to worry about. But now I'm starting to worry, last cycle I got spotting cd 25 and 26 and period didn't come until 5 days later. Last night I started spotting and this morning again cd 25 and cd26 - period is not due til Monday. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and do you have any advice for me? I'm 30 and We really want to have a baby this year but I'm worried that after taking the pill for 10 years and being adventurous when younger that maybe now I won't be able to have a baby. Any words of wisdom?

Hi, :wave: I'm new here and haven't yet posted but your post sounds so similar to what I've been experiencing! I don't really have any advice just that I have the same thing. I'm 30 and was on the pill for 10 years with my previous partner, for the last 2 years I have been off it and in a new relationship, after 6 months of coming off the pill I started spotting anywhere between 2 and 5 days before each period, it totally varies and I never know when it might start! Doctor did bloods and pelvic exam and said he wasn't concerned so now I think maybe it's my normal cycle and I just never knew it was my normal because the pill used to regulate me so much. I'm on month 2 TTC and trying to relax! Which seems impossible!
What I did notice is last month the spotting was much much less and only the day before my period, have been taking folic acid and eating healthier, maybe it helped? I have no idea!
I have read up a tone of stuff about it though and I do know that if it is a problem there are things that can be done to help, so try to relax for now That's what I keep telling myself anyway :)

I've always spotted for 3-4 days before AF was due then AF would only be about a day and half long. I'm not sure what you can do yourself about it.

Thanks for your replies... I came off the pill about 2 years ago and it took 8 months for my period to return and then afterwards i became pretty regular with no spotting. The spotting started after the Ella one situation. I live in Europe and private medical appointments are quite normal here so I'm going to a refferal at the end of the month. She specializes in fibroids and polyps so maybe I will finally get an answer. I just don't want to leave it another two years and then it turns out down the line I'm infertile. I hear so many stories of women getting pregnant after the first second try and then others where women take a year or two. The tww is a killer. I'm taking some pre-natal vitamins as well. If I find any info after my docs visit I'll post on here. Thanks ladies :)

Last edited:
I'm in Europe too, France actually �� Hope it all goes well, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back