Spotting at 8 weeks

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Beauandhamish, May 22, 2013.

1. Beauandhamish

Beauandhamish Well-Known Member

I think I am now exactly 8 weeks pregnant, just been to the toilet and when I wiped there was some browny/pink discharge mixed in with some mucus. Anyone else had this? I'm panicking and don't know what to do! For my booking appointment and the midwives tomorrow but that seems ages away! X

2. Balthazar1275

Balthazar1275 Well-Known Member

Some women get this spotting round about the time they normally would of had their period so fx this is what's happening with you. If its only brown spotting and doesn't get any heavier or is accompanied with any pain then it's nothing to worry about. Mention it to the midwife tomorrow if your still worried though. That's what they are their for and they might even suggest an early scan just to put your mind at rest.

Michelle x

3. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow
    This morning I had fresh blood in mucus when I wiped
    I had midwife today
    She said often its normal and they don't know what causes it
    But I've to get an early scan next week just in case to see if they can see why perhaps
    I hope its nothing n I get to see bub 4 weeks earlier than expected
    No pain or stinging associated with it so fingers crossed its nothing x

4. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

The exact same thing happened to me at 8 weeks and all was absolutely fine. I was really surprised as well at how many other women on here experienced the same, it seems to be very common. I was told that if it was just light spotting and not accompanied by any pain then it's very unlikely to be anything to worry about. I did panic though of course! I managed to get an early scan through the epu and they couldn't see any reason for the bleeding so they said it was most likely coming from the blood vessels in the cervix. It's good that you're seeing the midwife tomorrow as hopefully she will arrange a scan for you just to put your mind at rest xxx

5. Beauandhamish

Beauandhamish Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, it's just a shock when you look down and see it when your not expecting to! I'll definatly mention it to the midwife tomorrow, I'm there at 9am so will hopefully go quick till then. Unluckily my oh has gone to the pub tonight for the first time in ages, just unlucky that he chooses to go out tonight so I'm here worrying on my own :( x

6. vickymc69

vickymc69 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing monday morning, brown spotting, went to see my doc straight away as im only 5-6 weeks i think. She done a blood test and get results tomorrow, im also booked in for an early scan on the 6th of June, but been told and from reading loads on here that, as long as its not bright red blood and/or pain with it, everything should be fine.. Fx for us both xx

7. Emma_grace

Emma_grace Active Member

I had this at 7 weeks, went to the hospital and had a scan and there was bump's little heart blipping away on the screen :) if in doubt get it checked out, you'll feel much better afterwards!

8. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

I also had bleeding last week, what I thought was quite a lot! Lost about 3 tbsp of fresh blood followed by brown discharge! Panicked after last years mmc so got a scan appointment, all was well, showed a healthy hb!