Spotting at 5 weeks

Prettypee

Reaction score
Hi - has any one had a small amount of bleeding in early pregnancy that's not ended in a miscarriage? I have had a bit of bleeding (only when wiping) for the past 24 hours... It's colour is more browny tinged.... No clumps no red no clots... I have a picture but won't post as don't want to gross people out.

Basically I had a mc before ( the blood was sudden, red and heavy) but I'm praying this is different. I had a positive test a week ago and positive this morning still... Doubt it has anything to do with implantation as it's too late for that?

Reassurance or realism needed please x

Hi - has any one had a small amount of bleeding in early pregnancy that's not ended in a miscarriage? I have had a bit of bleeding (only when wiping) for the past 24 hours... It's colour is more browny tinged.... No clumps no red no clots... I have a picture but won't post as don't want to gross people out.

Basically I had a mc before ( the blood was sudden, red and heavy) but I'm praying this is different. I had a positive test a week ago and positive this morning still... Doubt it has anything to do with implantation as it's too late for that?

Reassurance or realism needed please x
Hi Prettypee,

Im just leaving work but wanted to reply really quickly....

I had this last week and it turned out to be nothing. I had bleeding for about a week. I had a scan and baby is fine. There was no reason for bleed and I feel fine now. Its a very stressful time I know but honestly try and stay calm.

I would say call your doctors and ask for a scan to put your mind at rest hun. How far are yu?

Good luck hun. I will be thinking of you as I know exactly what you are going through.

xx

Yes, I had this exactly for about 24 hours at 4.5 weeks, freaked the EFF out, turned out all was well- I'm now 14+3 and all is well! This is so common.

I've got drs tomorrow at 11:20, i have lots of cramping too (sometimes the pain is quite sharp) and although the bleeding tapered off so there's barely anything now. I'm starting to think it could even be an ectopic which I obviously want to rule out...I'm only just 5 weeks so bit early for a scan. I'm hoping this is just normal - perhaps you are more susceptible to bleeding with second child as cervix isn't fully closed?

Hope your ok Hun. I see this alot in this forum so seems to be normal for some but best to checked out just in case xx

Last edited:
Yes I had this on my son between 5 and 6 weeks. Lasted 3-4 days and I worried myself silly. Ended up having a private early scan which showed everything was fine :)
Doc told me it was just old stuff leaving my symptom x

I had brown blood from 7w till 12w with my son. All was fine.

Got an early scan and they checked my cervix was closed so didnt see any pending mc.

It can be left over implantation or just some old blood as baby continues to grow and burrow under.

Hope all is well, but for alot of women its perfectly normal.

xxxx

You can accumulate little sacs of blood caused from implantation that does not shed at the time of implantation, to which it later releases its self causing a small brown or pink bleed. It may be this, but if you are worried you can ring your epu for advice and a check up?

Hope all goes well at the doctors tomorrow for you!

I had the same thing the other day, lots of cramping and a bit of brownish spotting when wiping. I had a bit of a panic but as it was the weekend thought i'd wait till today to phone the doctors. However i've had nothing since so I havent called. I think i will do if it happens again

Yes. Think it's quite common, but get all bleeding checked out, especially if you have cramps. Xxxx

QUESTION
I had a scan at 5 weeks with no sac in the uterus but a mass 2cm by Overy.... Which they say might be ectopic but can't confirm if it is or not... Bloods were 141 Tuesday, Today 390.

Is there a chance the mass by Overy could be cyst and the sac wasn't yet visible due to lower hcg?

They were rubbish at hospital- talking about plan of action with ectopic then I said so it's definitely ectopic and they said they couldn't say for sure, so I said could it be OK but too early? She said well there's no sac in your uterus - wouldn't give me hope. Next step is currently to wait a week and rescan?! Surely if it was ectopic that would be dangerous as I'd risk rupturing my tube?

I think the most common time for ectopic to rupture is about 8 weeks so you've got time to wait for a rescan. There's not a lot they can do at the moment because 5 weeks is too early to see anything in your uterus really and if they assume that the mass at your ovary is ectopic and give you methotrexate then you risk losing what could have been a viable pregnancy that's just too early to see just now.
Hope everything works out for you xx

When I went for an early scan (7+2) they saw the sac, HB etc but I also had a 2cm cyst on my right overy. They said it was a egg that had essentially got stuck and it would disappear in time.

Fingers crossed for you Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back