spotting and cramping after transvaginal u/s

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by jc11, Nov 8, 2007.

1. jc11

jc11 New Member

i'm 5 weeks tday and yesterday i had a transvaginal ultrascan as i was having some brown spotting and sharp pains. my hgc bloods were 4000 and there was a sca in the womb but was too early to see anything else. the nurse said everything looked very healthy apart from a small cyst on right ovary

then a couple of hours after the scan some red blood gushed out of me, not a lot but enuf to stain my trousers, this was followed with brown light bleeding and some light cramping.

is this a miscarrage or from the transvaginal u/s?

i had a miscarrage before and the cramps or bleedig is nowhere near as bad this time?

tanx

2. Tiggy26

Tiggy26 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I had the same as you when I had an internal. A few hours later i had bright red bleeding, i could only put it down to the internal I had. Ive been bleeding all the way through my pregnancy though, it stopped around 20 weeks so is looking good at the moment.

Try not to worry.

T xx

3. jc11

jc11 New Member

tanx a mil, feel better after reading ur reply.. i just imagine the worst all the time!

best of luck with everything oxoxo

4. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

I had an internal and although I didn;t bleed or cramp afterwards, the scan was because of bleeding. Like Tiggy, I've had episodes of bleeding throughout too but I honestly don't think an internal scan could cause a m/c. I don't think the probe goes in far enough to do any damage and they are always very careful upon insertion anyway. :)

5. jc11

jc11 New Member

tanx so much... bleeding has stopped now and i think the cramps were just the stretching sorta pains!

best of luck to u both

xoxox