Spotting advice, please

Broody @ 38

Reaction score
Hi (sorry, not sure if this should be in this forum or the Am I Pregnant, one. Please remove if this is incorrect).

So I'm currently 50 days since coming off bcp. I've had no periods for 5+ years prior to that.

Around 14 days ago I think I had ovulation spotting. Very little over 2 days - a pinkish red colour. I can't be 100% sure about ovulating ( I have tests, but need to change brands I think as too many come out invalid ), but there were a few symptoms like mild cramps, high libido, sore boobs etc. I guess it's more of a feeling, really. :)

Anyway, 2 nights ago I began spotting again. I thought it was finally going to be my period, but it's barely there - only really when I wipe - and it's dark brown. It's coming and going through the day and night. Most I had was a tiny dark brown clot.

I've had cramping and discomfort in my right lower belly area. And it does feel like I'm going to start my AF but it doesn't come. I used to have very painful and very heavy flows, so this is nothing like that. I also used to be dead on 25 days, do this would probably be around the right time if I did indeed ovulate.

Could this be a normal AF because my body is still getting used to no Cerazette? Or could this be implantation? If it is, when should I test?

A bit confused and slightly hopeful, though trying not to get hopes up ;)

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited:
Sounds like a really frustrating time! Didn't want to read and run, I'm not really sure but would say it could be your body readjusting after the pill. Dark brown is old blood. If your suspicion was right and you ovulated 14 days ago you could test now. Really hard time but sometimes you have to ride these things out post pill. Sorry that's not much help but good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back