Spoons..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Or a Fork, Lol.

When should Alanna be using one?

She will pick up a spoon or fork with food on it and eat off it, then smash it into the bowl, But dont pick anything up..

Should I just superglue a bowl of soup infront of her, put her outside with it, and let her work it out? Lol

It's all a case of learning so yeah, let her go wild with it! My lo has only started actually eating off the fork and spoon at 17 months. I found she had far more luck with a fork though. She preferred it as well for some reason. Just keep offering and she'll get the hanging it.

She'll get there. My son also preferred a fork for some reason! xx

Last edited:
Islas 14 months and places the spoon or fork back in the bowl. She won't try and lift food but will eat a preloaded spoon on her own. She's still little so don't worry

I was thinking this... a friend of mine saw me feeding campbell and thought it was weird he wasnt using a bowl, eating from his tray using his hands! Gosh is he an animal?? I just think he is too young to use a bowl (will throw it everywhere!) and I dont know when to start letting him try with a spoon?

Aoibhean didnt do it properly until 19 months . I just kept giving her the spoon or fork with food at every meal and she eventually got there .

I was thinking this... a friend of mine saw me feeding campbell and thought it was weird he wasnt using a bowl, eating from his tray using his hands! Gosh is he an animal?? I just think he is too young to use a bowl (will throw it everywhere!) and I dont know when to start letting him try with a spoon?
It's not about being an animal it's BLW (baby led weaning) it encourages the baby to try new foods and stuff aparently Ezzie does it with finger foods. I guess it would look weird if you didn't know what was goin on x

Tegan has a fork with every meal uses it for a few minutes then decides its too much hassle & hands are quicker! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back