Split families...how did you solve the santa issue?

missddk

Reaction score
Hi :)

Really hoping some of you can help me because i feel like my head may explode. So this christmas my partner will be with me and my 2 children currently 3 and 4 but will be 3 and 5 by christmas. Anyway so the kids were always taught santa brought their main present and i bought the rest. I felt this way they would never question why santa was better to some children than others. This way i could explain their mummys and daddys could afford more etc and it was nothing to do with child behaviour. They then were told santa only comes to one house and on boxing day they get daddys presents. My partner however has a son and although only turned 3 he is adamant about his way that santa brings everything and can stop at two houses. Although this doesnt seem like a big deal now next year our son will be here and i dont know how to explain he only gets one visit from santa. To me that comes across like hes being punished for his parents staying together. I feel my way is more appropriate. Obviously baby will have no clue next year but its important we establish a story now to keep the magic for the older children.

Anyone shed any light on how they do it?
Im christmas mad and i stress about everything lol

Thank yous

We've always said santa sometimes gets confused with the amount of pressies he has to deliver so some end up at grandparents houses and aunties houses etc. I'm not sure if maybe a play on that will help it sorta fits into your partners way more though.

Santa brings presents to my house for my son. Presents from his dad's are from his dad/grandma on his dad's side etc. My son is 10 & still believes, I do think this may be the last year though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back