Spitting up lots of milk after feed?

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
Jacob has started spitting a lot of his bottle back up after his feed, he seems to always do it with his mid morning bottle the most, still does with others to but not as much, should I be worried? because it is a fair bit of his milk that's coming up but other than that he is happy and not in any pain? should I just leave it or can I get something to help stop it? He is 8 weeks now.

Keep an eye on it and maybe try winding him a bit more ? If your still worried in couple of days speak to hv . I found when mine were poorly with colds they were sick more as that was the way that got rid of the mucus !! Xxx

Thanks will wait and see then, I always wind him and make sure to sit him up for half an hour after each feed but it didn't seem to help really hmmm.

I had this with Thomas and was quite worried as he did seem distressed. I went to Drs and got some medicine but it made it worse if anything. He did it after most feeds. The good news is, he grew out of it after 8-10 weeks. He still has a bit but not half as bad. Plus he stayed in the 90th%ile. I now think i could have been feeding him too much hmmm.

sounds like reflux, have you tried a sling or even keeping baby upright on you for a while after each feed, it helps it stay down ;)

He seems to do it most in the early part of the day, I sit him up right all the time and wind him but he doesn't act upset or anything when it happens, he just spits it up and most of the time after a burp, he seems happy in himself and his nappy is still always wet so he is keeping enough down and putting on weight so not really sure what to do, will wait and see I guess hmmmm, I don't over feed him as I feed him every 3 hours. Thanks for the replies though xx oh and congrats on being pregnant again Dragonfly Fi wish you all the best xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back