spiritualism for beginners

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi Girls, I have noticed a couple of times on this forum there are a few members into spiritualism.

Its something i have always had a huge intrest in but have never really done much about it.
My good friend is in to it and is very gifted but she rarely has time to practice with having 4kids. but a very close friend of mine was telling me the other day how intrested she is, her mum is a clairvoyant and also her nan.I have a few basics - crystals angel cards books etc.
we have decided we are going to attend some spiritual churchs, i have been looking online and there are a few in my area im just not sure what is best for me?

i have so far seen a few different clases
Awareness Class
Divine Service
Open Circle
Open Development Circle
Healing Service
Demonstration
Clairvoyance

i'm not to sure whats what? i'm not really into healing side of things, i just want to come more intouch with my spiritulaity and would like to see if anyone could get any thing from people that have past away.

what do i expect? for eg if i go to a Clairvoyance evening? is it like a proper church where we all sit down and listen to one person speak or does every one go of in groups? i really have no idea what to expect, would i just turn up and would i need to pay?

Thanks in advance chicks :eek:)

It cant do any harm to go and see. If it was a clairvoyance evening then I would expect you would need to pay. I dont know if you would need to pay at the church tho, lik any church there would probably be a collection.

It sounds very interesting.

at a normal church service we have never been required to pay - just collection and take along some money for raffles etc :D - most spiritualist churches are v short of money

going along to a service is a good gentle introduction if you've never been there before - there will also be a chance for you to have a chat with others and find out which development group will most suit you.

Just a quick warning - some members don't like tarot cards - so keep quiet about them until you get the lay of the land :wink: and remember Spiritualism is an offshoot of christianity so although the services are a little less formal - it is a church service so get your hymn singing voice on :wink:

edited - sorry just realised you meant angel cards :D

Thanks girls :D

No libs i dont own tarot cards and have heard from my friend that some people wont like them, im not to sure about them anyways so il be ok :lol:

i'm going to give it a go and go along am pretty shy though and i'm being silly and expecting to walk in and every one look at me like i dont belong there cause i dont think i look very spiritual if you get me :lol:

should be good though, might call them in advance so they expect me

what's looking spiritual :wink:

call and chat - they'll welcome anyone with an interest :D

libs said:
what's looking spiritual :wink:

well i always think long red / black hair gypsy looking haha you know what i mean just me being a plonker, I'm sure they will welcome a bimbo looking tart - wont they :lol:

Maybe just gow ith an open mind and see what you think?

Good luck and love ur hair blonde bebe!!

x

Hi hun good to see you back :)

(or have you been back for ages and i've missed it lol)

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck, personally i've always been a bit wary of classes/courses etc as you are being taught one persons opinions, and spirituality is such a wide area.

Id suggest go along to the spiritualist church but put classes etc on hold for a bit until you have read a lot. The best advice anyone can give to someone about to embark on this journey is read, read and read!

You might find it very confusing, theres esoteric spiritualism, mediumship/clairvoyance, eastern philosophies and western theories, its all very very diverse and you shouldn't commit yourself to one area until you have sampled as many paths as possible and found one that speaks to you.

I highly recommend reading The History of Spiritualism by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to get you started, a must read for anyone interested in spiritualism as it will give you a broader idea of the subject without trying to convert you :)

Oh and dont worry about your image, no-one in spiritualism cares what you look like so you'll fit in fine, and your gorgeous anyway!

Hi girls i am going to a Demonstration night tomorrow at a local spirual church i have called the church said im new to it i was advised to go along. what should i expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back