Spina Bifida blood test tomorrow....

Anna Marie

Reaction score
My m/wife is taking blood tomorrow for various tests.. one of them is for spina bifida.. as most of you are aware... I worry about everything!! :wink: so I am very nervous about this.. does anyone know how long it takes for the results and are they conclusive or are they a risk / percentage possibility type result?

Thanks.. :?

I think mine took about a week or two.... they tell you what bracket your in... mine said Low risk ... 1 in something thousand chance. All I cared about was the LOW RISK part.

I am sure you will be fine hun, my mum was 1 in 200 chance so had the injection thing done with my 7 yr old sister but that came out fine.

Good luck xxxx

Hiya Anna Marie,

I don't know how long you'll have to wait for the results, but I'm sure if it was bad news you'd know about it straight away.

Don't worry I'm sure that everything will be fine.

I know I've not been much help, I just wanted to wish you good luck! :D

Sam xxx

I think it's about a week or 2 hun ... mine have only just taken a week to come back and i was low risk ... found out today :)

You'll be fine hun, your like me ... worry about everything :wink: but you will be fine :):):)

Yea i think mone took abut 2 weeks! I must admit i was quite worried about this too more than the 1st time around! The midwife rang me and said i was a low risk! im sure yours wil be fine too Anna Marie try not to worry!

Kelly

I'm in the same area as you Anna Marie and mine took 2 weeks to come back.

My letter gave me the stats i.e. 1 in xxxx and then the midwife wrote on the letter the risk.

My downs and spina bifida have come back low risk, they're not a 100% conclusive but they're a good indicator. Think I read somewhere that the blood test is something like 75-80% accurate.

Yea my M/W told me that they are only 60% accurate i didnt realise that it was that low! But like you said they are a good indicator!

I had mine 8th Feb.. the MD said 15 days for the results but if i don't hear from them then i'll be in the low cat... she aid if i wanted to know i could call.... well i'm still too nervous to call and it's now 7th March... i haven't heard anything... no phone call, no letter,,, but then i think maybe they wrote and it got lost!!!! i'm just to scared to call!!!! I have my 2nd scan a week day... so i suppose i can't hide from the results for much longer...

good luck - not that you'll need it... it's natural to worry...
x

Well my m/w said she would call today to give me the results [so would have been only just under a week to wait]..

However... she just called to tell me that she didn't give the lab all the info they needed last week when she sent off the blood sample.. so they cannot give me results for a few days... so much for a speedy result!!

:x :x

Stupid m/w.... My M/w really annoys me... probally because I think my baby is REALLY important and she just sees loads of women every day!

I dont my bloods twice as she FORGOT to send them off!! xxxx

How infuriating.. yes I know what you mean though.. mine is a bit slap dash but she was great when i fell last week.. sent her colleague round straight away to check on me so she is in my good books for now.. but if I don't get my SB results by end of week she may not be!!

x

good luck with you results at the end of next week.. how are you feeling after your fall? have the lumps and bump gone down?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back