Sperm morphology issues

Sparkey999

Reaction score
So OH and I have been trying to conceive for just over 12 months. We recently saw a gp who has recommended the usual fertility tests. I am waiting for the right time of my cycle to get blood tests done but OH sperm analysis has come back with a morphology of 44 which essentially means it is an issue. They have asked him to retest in a month but I am just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this and has still been able to conceive and also if anyone has advice on how to improve this result?

thanks so much ladies!

Hi Sparkey, Ive seen a number of ladies here who have conceived naturally after having their partners sperm tested lower than expected. I’m pretty sure they just had their partner take wellmans vitamins and improve their diet and it’s all been ok. I’m sure your hubby will be fine.

44%?
If so this isn’t a problem.
Anything below 4% is classed as a problem. My OH has 1% and we have been trying to conceive for 18 months. On the lost for ivf now xx

Hi Sparkey, Ive seen a number of ladies here who have conceived naturally after having their partners sperm tested lower than expected. I’m pretty sure they just had their partner take wellmans vitamins and improve their diet and it’s all been ok. I’m sure your hubby will be fine.
Thanks for the reply, guess we will see how the next test goes and keep positive in the mean time :)

Hey. Yeah 44 is a good result for morphology. My oh has a morphology of 3% he was on wellmans conception and selenium which luckily for us helped and we are now 27 weeks pregnant. It’s generally anything under 4 % is classed as an issue. X

44%?
If so this isn’t a problem.
Anything below 4% is classed as a problem. My OH has 1% and we have been trying to conceive for 18 months. On the lost for ivf now xx
It’s just all so confusing and the doc just texted him to say 57% immotality but didn’t say anything further than retest in another month. I guess this translates to 43% are ok which according to the WHO is within the normal range, but if this is the case why does the doc want a retest? Maybe coz it is borderline?

oh and thanks for the reply, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your ivf treatment to go well! Xo

Hey. Yeah 44 is a good result for morphology. My oh has a morphology of 3% he was on wellmans conception and selenium which luckily for us helped and we are now 27 weeks pregnant. It’s generally anything under 4 % is classed as an issue. X
Thanks for the reply Lollypop and congrats on your BFP, hope the rest of your pregnancy goes swimmingly:) So it sounds like his result is ok? Was just confusing as the doctor literally just sent a text with the results and saying please get retested in a month which made us assume it wasn't a good result!

Ok Ladies I am an idiot and those were motility results not morphology, though this is all new to me and have no idea the difference lol! In anty case the motility is 43% and this is what the gp has honed in on needing retesting.

Thanks for the reply Lollypop and congrats on your BFP, hope the rest of your pregnancy goes swimmingly:) So it sounds like his result is ok? Was just confusing as the doctor literally just sent a text with the results and saying please get retested in a month which made us assume it wasn't a good result!
It is odd that. Maybes book an appointment with your gp for clarification. They do like to retest again but it’s normally in 3 months time. Not a month. Plus I do find some gp’s aren’t that clued up on conception and sperm etc.
Hope you get it figured out x

Ok Ladies I am an idiot and those were motility results not morphology, though this is all new to me and have no idea the difference lol! In anty case the motility is 43% and this is what the gp has honed in on needing retesting.
If there is an issue with motility which im pretty sure is if drops below 40% it can be helped with vitamin c for him. This helps improve motility and really good for this. 1000mg tablets x

If there is an issue with motility which im pretty sure is if drops below 40% it can be helped with vitamin c for him. This helps improve motility and really good for this. 1000mg tablets x
Thanks so much for all the info! We will get him on a vit C supplement and just get the dr to clarify the retest next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back