Sperm count and morpology

Susie30

Reaction score
If anyone has experience of this I'd be grateful for your input!

We've only been trying for five months but we went and had a fertility "MOT". Sperm count was very high (over 300million), motility was good (over 50%) but morphology was only 3% on the Kruger scale. The doctor didn't seem that concerned - just said take vitamins, limit booze etc and come back for a retest in three months. However, I have driven myself mad by googling and keep reading things that say conceiving naturally with a below average morpology is basically impossible. So now I'm pretty concerned!

It seems logical to me that if sperm count is high, even if there are a higher than normal number of abnormal sperm, there will still be enough healthy sperm to have a fair chance of conceiving naturally. But my googling doesn't seem to say this!

Any thoughts on this would be great as I'm driving myself mad googling!

Hubby was tested twice and only had morphology of 2% and we're expecting our little boy in July! Our fertility consultant wasn't bothered about this result in the slightest and his other levels weren't as good as your partner's! I know it's easy for me to say now and I remember how frustrating it is to hear this but it really is best to try not to stress, that has the biggest impact on fertility! First time hubby's other results weren't too bad but after 5 months of taking vitamins, not drinking, living a healthy lifestyle and basically stressing about it all his second test results were worse! Just remember, you only need one! Good luck xx

When my OH had his tested we were told "normal" was classed as 4% or above so I wouldnt worry too much. His count is high and like unicorn said you only need one! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back