spent a fortune!! How much have you spent? (roughly)

annaespana1

Reaction score
Finally I've been out and bought baby stuff :cheer: We've spent an absolute fortune though :shock: but I feel much more perpared even though we are still renovating and we've no-where to put any of it :roll:
We think that we've spent about 2500 euro more or less (that's about £1800)
But (as I stop myself throwing up at the thought of that money- :puke: )
we've got- all nursery furniture, rugs, pictures, some toys and mobiles, other decoration like lamps and light shades, buggy/pram, car seat, clothes, bedding (grobags too), those re-usable nappies, baby changer with bath, bouncy chair....there is more but can't think now- going to have to get some air before I pass out!! :shock:

I must add (squig and pregnopaws will back me up) that stuff is loads more expensive over here- like a pair of thin cotton scratch mitts and little socks was 16 euro (£12) and I've seen some cots that were 900 euro/£700(DID NOT BUY ONE OF THOSE) :rotfl:

annaespana1 said:
I must add (squig and pregnopaws will back me up) that stuff is loads more expensive over here- like a pair of thin cotton scratch mitts and little socks was 16 euro (£12) and I've seen some cots that were 900 euro/£700(DID NOT BUY ONE OF THOSE) :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OH GOD YES!!!! Specially clothes...

You can get cheapish alternatives... like a cot from IKEA... but as there are only about 5 IKEA shops in Spain and our nearest one is an hour and half away , it makes it difficult. If I was to buy a cot from one of our local shops I would be looking at spending no less than 300€ and a travel system... well.. that's just ridiculous.. then there was the little winter coat I need to buy as I don't have one for the baby, only one for 3-6 months (was Tia's) which will take her into june next year and well Spain...hello!!!... The cheapest one I found was 33€... :shock: :shock: :shock:

You HAVE to be a millionaire to be able to afford a baby here..

Although I don't think we have spent more than 500€ so far, not including the furniture.. but I have been very frugal.

I spent about a £800 but most of the clthes were given too me, my cot was second hand, I dont know where the money went!!!

I haven't dared work it out! :think:

With this LO being our 2nd I assured DH we wouldn't have to spend any money cos we had everything. However...! :oops:

Because I've been childminding a few things I've used for 9 years were just nackered and I really wanted/needed to replace them. And my car seat for example was 10 years old and not up to current safety standards.

So I've bought... car seat, pram (Silver Cross 3D), few clothes, (didn't keep any cos age gap now so big), breast pump, monitor, maternity clothes, nursery chair, all the other bits and bobs...Probably all amounting to about £800. :shock:

I haven't had to buy cot, moses basket, changing unit, furniture.

Hmmm, thanks for that! :roll:

we have spent about 300 if that.. pram & carseat was £67, moses basket free, cot free (charlottes) re-usable nappies £80ish changing bag £15, bedding £40 inc blankets,and towels, clothes £20 breast pump and carrier £25 steriliser £15 bottle £6 add the spare £60 quid thats left out of the 300 for some other crap ive forgotten to mention lol...

we have only got about 5 outfits for the baby mind you..and they are all cream/white.. not gone nuts no point..bought most of the stuff 2nd hand..

Ebay ftw.. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: My bargin atm was my breast pump almost new... cost me....

5 quid.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Far to much, iv gone mad this time and bought everything new and what i wanted rather than what was cheepest, as it wil be my last baby :cry:

Iv still got the most expensive thing to buy yet....... a bigger car :roll:

spent about £2200!!!

pram £800
cot bed/changer/wardrobe £600
car seat £100
high chair £80
moses basket £110
swinging crib £100
dresses/cardies over £300(!!)
nursery paints £40
cot bedding/rug/curtains £145
video monitors £80
steriliser/bottles/pump £80

about £50 on nipple pads, nursing bra, nappies, cotton wool & a snowsuit

Everyone has been so kind and brought us everything (first grandchild on both sides of the family!)

Also been given lots of second hand clothes and still got another 2 boxes to come and her chest of drawers and wardrope are full!

mrsbrickelltobe said:
spent about £2200!!!

pram £800
cot bed/changer/wardrobe £600
car seat £100
high chair £80
moses basket £110
swinging crib £100
dresses/cardies over £300(!!)
nursery paints £40
cot bedding/rug/curtains £145
video monitors £80
steriliser/bottles/pump £80

oooooh what pram what pram????? Lozzi will wanna see too haha :lol:

It must be around the £2000 mark if I include 2 private scans.

We still have a lot to buy when he gets bigger like a high chair, playpen, travel cot, stair gates and a new car seat.

I dread to think what the total will come to.

I dread to think, haven't had to buy the big things, my mum & dad got us the travel system (£200) & my nan & grandad got us the Nursery suite (£500).

I reckon I've spent £800 on all the other stuff.

The paper & boarder for the nursery was £200 & BF said it was the worst paper to hang ever, he was not impressed :x (its millie & boris from Mama's & papa's)

Well my Mum is buying all the reusable nappies, my boyfriends Mum is buying the pram, My Mums lovely friend has bought the cot, ive got loads of baby clothes from someone from Mums work the other day and other people are asking what they can buy for me.....

I think ive spent probably about £50 so far :lol:

The only thing we've had to buy is one of those Phil and Teds double pushchairs, which came to about £500 altogether.....pretty expensive, but it's an absolute genius invention and once I've finnished with it, I know they have a decent 2nd hand retail price too.

Other bits and pieces that I've got probably don't reach £100 yet, but we've got everything from Harry, and people have given us so many other things too. :)

With this being my second i've pretty much got all of the big things so i've not broken the bank with this one. But i've still spent a fortune

I do find baby stuff pricey here in Spain, however I am 10 minutes from Gibraltar which has mothercare and even though its still not that cheap in there its not as bad as here I dont think! I am at a bit of an advantage though (will get slaughtered for this...) My dad owns a pharmacy and therefore I don't pay for nappies, bottles, sterilisers, or any of that sort of stuff, I just go in and erm, get it.. that saves ALOT of money!!

well OH was determined not to spend a fortune if it was me on my own i wouldve spent a lot more than we have but as it happens we have looooads of carboots local to us and you can pick up brand new for a fraction of the price, ppl buy or get bought loads and just dont need it.

i ahvent actually totalled up how much we've spent about 500 and we have everything except a cot mattress, good going eh?

i think some things are ridiculously priced.

this is what we have spent;

cot (free)
mattress £35
moses basket (free)
bath £10
pram £120
reusable nappies £100
clothes - £30-£40 (had loads given too)
changing bag £5
blankets (knitted)
sheets/covers etc £20
whinnie the pooh mobile £20
sterilising set (off aunty for xmas)
baby monitors (off my dad for xmas)
hospital stuff (off my mum for xmas)
gym ball £15
breast pads £2 :lol:
room pictures etc £20
4d scan £110 (3 for the price of one :rotfl: )

thats it for now i think
gotta get breast pump yet

I cant beleive what some people have spent on here!!!! I'd never spend that much on cots and buggies!!! I have most stuff from Isla but have bought a few new bits amounting to £100 and a Phil and Teds double buggy, so excited about that one as theyre lush!

Last time with Isla we spent about £300 so i would say for the two kids its been about £900 so not bad, i dont see the point in buying new when you can get as new stuff on ebay for half the price. :rotfl: Cheapskate me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back