SPD

Emma58

Reaction score
Been to doctors tonight, he said i've got SPD not Sciatica as they first thought and I have been signed off work for another week.
I'm dreading ringing them in the morning and telling them i'll be off for another week.

Oh poor you. :( Have you been referred for physio?

I know how you feel. My SPD has been getting worse and worse over the past couple of weeks and last night I literally couldn't put any weight on my right leg. We'd been shopping to Milton Keynes and spent about 3 hours walking around. I paid for it when I got home. :(

I don't have physio - well, a pelvic pain class first - until 7th December. I feel like I need it NOW.

I hope you feel better after some rest, Take it easy xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww poor you! Please don't give work a second thought!!!

i went and saw my physio last week for this and she has given me the exercise of holding my tummy in(she reasured me that it doenst harm baby) and breathing normally and keeping your shoulders down and hold it for 10seconds as this tones up ur tummy muscles and the muscle around your pubic bone!

she said to do it every time i look at the time/adverts/milk and bread go through my till etc etc!

:hug: I totally sympathise with you as i have SPD and its bloody killing me at the mo. Sod what work will think, my work dont seem to believe how much agony i am in and think that i can do bending and lifting - i dont think so :shakehead:

Get your doc to refer you for some physio.

I'd defo get referred for physio as its really helped me as i've got further along and helped me manage things better, its still v painful & im in pain alot of the time but I know what things to avoid etc now. :hug:

I've not been referred for any Physio but i think i'm going to make another doctors appointment and ask to be referred.

All day yesterday it didn't bother me because i did nothing, until last night when i went to doctors and the shops and by the time i got home it was back!!

This morning I have woken up with my right leg really aching my right bum cheek feels like it has been punched. And to make things more uncomfortable my calf still hurts from where I had cramp on Sunday morning.

I have just been for a little walk around the shops with my mum and I feel like an OAP!! Definitely off back to see my doc this week to see if he will refer me to a Physio or something otherwise I don't know how i'll manage when I have to be back at work.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you can get some physio, it really helped mine in my 1st pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back