SPD?

love87

Reaction score
My midwife diagnosed me with SPD at anti natal check today. My groin is so painful particularly when in bed. Turning over is hell :( she told me sleep with a pillow between my legs which I have been doing for weeks and it doesn't help. Any of you got any tips or tricks to help with the pain? It can get quite intense. TIA. X

Has she referred you to physio? I was sent to an antenatal physio group session. It was beneficial lots of advice on what not to do and then some exercises to do. How to go upstairs so one step at a time and getting in and out of the car or your bum in first and then twist both legs together and same to get out. Pushing a shopping trolley was a massive no no and hoovering! she said things that you may not think will hurt will make a difference later on and make the pain more severe. Her rule was staying as symmetrical and straight as possible. We were told to get a maternity or gym yoga ball so that we can sit on it but it must be the right height and we can do some gentle exercise on it and also just sitting on it instead of the couch in the evening would be beneficial or leaning over it on our front. We were told not to turn over in bed but for example if I sleep on my right side facing out of the bed if I want to move onto my left hip side I need to get up as if going to get out of bed and then lay the other side on the left so my head then ends up where my feet were but still facing the same way out of the bed. Does that make sense? So you aren't rolling over you just have your head the other end of the bed. I was to the point I couldn't walk and changing a few things has made it a bit easier. But if she has diagnosed you she most definitely should be sending you for physio.

Physio suggested using a silky nighty or something similar under hips at night to help with turning in bed at night. That way you are helping to reduce friction and in theory makes it easier.

I don't have issues at night, just whennI am walking which is always fun!

I have it horribly. I can barely walk and my leg goes numb. The chiropractor made it all better - almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back