spd?

Kayley91

Reaction score
So I went to the doctors today and it turns out I have a chest infection and the beginning of SPD...

Does anyone else suffer or has suffered from this?

Xxx

I'm not sure. All I know is its inflammation of the pelvis.

I'm hoping some of the other ladies can shed some light on it for me.

Xxx

Yes i have it again worse this time though. Its when your ligaments in your pelvis relax too much, your pelvic bone goes out of line causing pain and discomfort, everyone has different levels of pain with it but it gets worse as baby gets bigger. You get pain when walking, turning over in bed mostly. Wearing a support belt helps and cutting down on walking can help, if it gets bad you will be sent to see a physio to help. It can get rather painful as you get bigger but for most people it dissapears once babies born
Hope this helps x

Thank you cam... it's not too bad at the moment. My doctor is trying to control it with paracetamol at the moment.

Xxx

Hopefully it wont get too bad for you. Its night time that hurts the most for me, i find putting pillow between legs helps a bit x

I might try that. My ex did get me a pregnancy pillow but we split so he won't give it to me... :(

I'm am getting uncomfortable at night so may try it tonight. :)

Any other tips? Lol.

Xxx

Out of curiosity were is the pain I'm on co-codamol for my back as the pain is worse and I mean agony at nite time turking n getting up haven't been told tho if its spd got physio in August - I had a back prob before pregnancy but never got round to going n seeing bout it thought I would now as I'm constantly out for hospital or midwife apps xx

Hey guys I have SPD it's agony and not coping well.
Pain lower pelvis can't put my pants on, can't turn over in bed, can't get in the car properly. It's awful :( x

Out of curiosity were is the pain I'm on co-codamol for my back as the pain is worse and I mean agony at nite time turking n getting up haven't been told tho if its spd got physio in August - I had a back prob before pregnancy but never got round to going n seeing bout it thought I would now as I'm constantly out for hospital or midwife apps xx

Pain can be anywhere round pelvis area, i get alot of pain in the lower back and tail bone but also in the front of pelvis and hip joints, feels like i cant move my legs when i get up as its so stiff walk around like a penguin for a bit lol hope Physio can help you xx

Pain lower pelvis can't put my pants on, can't turn over in bed, can't get in the car properly. It's awful :( x

Have you tryed a support belt Jodie? I want to get one just dont know if it would make much difference or if it would just annoy me, would be good to hear someones opinion before i try it xx

Have you tryed a support belt Jodie? I want to get one just dont know if it would make much difference or if it would just annoy me, would be good to hear someones opinion before i try it xx

Hey chick no physio hasn't reccomended it especially in this heat she said. She doesn't think it will make much of a difference it's much worse on my left side :( x

Oh well dont think ill bother with it then. I take it physio doesnt help much either? I could go but its such a hassle getting to hospital for it as i dont drive. I just put up with it last pregnancy but ive gotten it earlier this time so dreading later stages, hope you find something that helps let me know if you do xx

It's horrible. :(. I'm getting a pregnancy pillow today. Hopefully it helps. :)

Xxx

I have this I think but my pain is in my left buttock. It kills. It can be a sharp pain when walking or turning or last night a constant painful ache :( I'm going to raise it with my doctor.

I have sciatica in my back/left bum cheek anyway but my SPD is in my groins and hips.

It's a nightmare. Apparently it only gets worse! :(

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back