SPD

nikki_craig

Reaction score
Haya all,

Had a trip into hospital last night as I have been having terrible pains and were too much to bear, actually thought I was going into premature labour at one point :(.

It turns out I had SPD but docs said its appears to be quite severe as I'm only at 26+4 and in soo much pain. I have been referred to a physiotherapist and been given lots of dos and donts and ways to manage to the pain.

Just looking for anyone else's experience of SPD as its all clueless to me I had never heard of it before last night and I'm slightly worried about how painful this is going to become for me as baby has lots of growing left to do and weight to put on my pelvis :(

TIA x

Symphysis pubis dysfunction
My pelvis basically can't cope with the baby resting on it, it's abit more long winded but that's the easy way o explain lol

Last edited:
Oh no poor u pet x I'm having reali bad problem with my back at min doctors giving me co-codamol and I'm waiting for pyhsio referral x
I know it's not the same but I sympathise with u pet xx

Awwww no hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy Hun.

I wish I could have some pain relief I've been told not to have it as I will need it more later on, as the pain is only going to get worse for me as baby grows.

It's certainly taken away the happy excited me that was enjoying my pregnancy and left me wishing the weeks would hurry up and disappear so it will go away :(

:sad:Hi I am on my third baby and have had spd for all 3 but this pregnancy is definitely the worst . The midwife helped me get into a group the physio ran and gives you exercises etc . The individual appointment with physio helped and there are special belts that can help take the weight off. Unfortunately it does get worse I now have crutches and a wheel chair . Sorry it's not good news but on the plus side it can disappear as soon as the baby is born and that is what happens to me . Just lot's of relaxing and no hoovering and heavy lifting . The physio will help a lot.

Oh great, I was fully prepared for someone to say it only gets worse as the doctor wasn't shy in putting this across to me, plenty of relaxing is rather easy at the minute as I'm in so much pain, I used to love feeling baby move now I'm wishing he wouldn't do it so hard it really hurts me when gets a right wriggle on down below :(

I'm gutted I've got it but I suppose there is nothing I can do :) what was labour like for you?

labour was fine I was induced for both of my previous babies because of the spd . Just make sure they don't use stirrups it can make it worse kneeling and leaning against the back of the bed using gravity helps .

That's very reassuring then, I've been panicking about the labour but then I guess you have pain in the lower area anyway when in labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back