SPD

TORino

Reaction score
I've had a bad old weekend with the SPD and no bloody sleep as a result. I think I did too much on Saturday and I'm paying the price now.

The tubi grip thing given to me by the physio, does anyone else have one?

It's a big body stocking thing almost and helps to lift my bump up which is supposed to reduce pressure on the pelvis.

Anyhoo, my problem is, whenever I wear it I get really bad braxton hicks. My belly goes really hard and the baby gets agitated. I don't think it likes it tbh. It is rather tight and I wondered if it was being squashed a bit maybe?

Has anyone else had any problems? I could really do with wearing it but I'm worried about the consequences!

I limit wearing mine till I really have to. I have had a proper SPD belt from the physio too which goes under the bump with velcro but you can only use it when walking as when you sit down it nearly cuts you in half. lol. The only reason I limit the tubagrip one is for the same reason as you. I get BH and baby seems to get agitated. It used to be fine but the bigger I have got the tighter it is. The relief is so strong sometimes though I just have to give in and put it on.
I have had a bad week too I think babe has had a growth spurt, I had a growth scan, mw poked and prodded me and had a UTI. Stick all them together with SPD and arthritis and you have some strong pains. lol. x

I have a velcro one too but I noticed it wasn't very comfortable unless you are walking around so I don't use that one at all.

Ah, so you get the same then? I wonder if our babies just don't like being squished. Having said that, I wouldn't like it either. :lol:

Roll on March.. (well probably april for me..lol)

I wonder if its cos we are around the same time as well? Mine seems ultra bad this week, wondered if its cos they are having a growth spurt? Definitely roll on getting babe out I am on count down to the c-section. Sick of being in pain and feeling crappy. I cried like a baby this weekend (defo not me!!) and said to the OH I can't do another 7 weeks I just physically can't!

ooh ladies I'm off to midwife shortly to tell her about my symptoms I've had over last week.

As you both said last week I've certanly got all symptoms of SPD and have also has a poop weekend of pain..not helped by my little slip this morning!!

I have grown a bit this last week or so, or at least everyone keeps telling me I have anyway! haha.

I hope the time goes quickly for us, I'm getting a bit fed up too now.

Had miodwife appointment and she's referred me for some physio...hope i get an appointment soon xx

i had an AWFUL weekend for SPD all it makes me wanna do is cry coz theres literally nothing that takes the pain away! I use the support belt with velcro, i dont find it too uncomfortable luckily

the things we have to go through for our babies hey :)

xxx

Had miodwife appointment and she's referred me for some physio...hope i get an appointment soon xx

Ah, well I hope you get your appointment through quickly hun. X

Its really interesting that we are all around the same weeks etc. xx

must be coz the babys are getting big now and putting more strain on our poor pelvis's!

xx

I havent got the tubigrip one just the velcro one from physio. TBH she said she wasnt that keen on them and that she didnt think they were as good as everyone says they are but i have found it realy helps. That and my ball x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back