SPD Thread

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have severe SPD & Sacroiliac joint dysfunction, so my pelvis is pretty much shot.
It's triggered for me as I have hypermobility syndrome in my hips.

I am currently on crutches and cocodamol 30/500MG since 16 weeks. I wear my pelvic support belt whenever walking. Use the pillow between my knees in bed, I do all they told me to.
The physio didn't give me exercises this time as they were excruciatinglypainful in last pregnancy and they wanted to avoid heightening my pain. So sent me away with the crutches again.

I am really starting to struggle just sitting in work now, lifting my 2 year old toddler in/out the car/bath etc is agonising.
There are many occasions when I have to go upstairs on my bum to stop my pelvis moving too much.

As I have been on the 30/500MG dose for so long (I normally take it for my hips when not pregnant after walks etc) it doesn't seem to be making any difference now, its like I am taking smarties or some sort of placebo!
I'm not sure I can take anything stronger. I see the consultant again 16th Sept where I will be a day shy of 30 weeks to review my symptoms. Hoping for some sort of relief.

Last pregnancy I was induced early as the pain was so bad, I am kind of hoping that will happen again this time.

Anyone else suffering and want to join in on this thread? x

I've not been diagnosed with SPD but I 100% know I have it, I've been off work for 2 weeks now I'm s nurse and I literally cannot stand in work and finding walking very difficult then I lie down it gets a million times worse once I relax, when I try to turn in bed or get up I could scream with the pain, I've woken my husband at night shouting out in my sleep when I move. My midwife was useless when I explained things to her she said awww isn't it awful no offer of ideas to help it, told me to buy a maternity belt online when I know other people have been given them, I spoke to my GP who hasn't been much better suggested a hot water bottle on my back and rest, this is so much more than regular back pain. Feel like I'm being left to deal with it and have zero support

I've not been diagnosed with SPD but I 100% know I have it, I've been off work for 2 weeks now I'm s nurse and I literally cannot stand in work and finding walking very difficult then I lie down it gets a million times worse once I relax, when I try to turn in bed or get up I could scream with the pain, I've woken my husband at night shouting out in my sleep when I move. My midwife was useless when I explained things to her she said awww isn't it awful no offer of ideas to help it, told me to buy a maternity belt online when I know other people have been given them, I spoke to my GP who hasn't been much better suggested a hot water bottle on my back and rest, this is so much more than regular back pain. Feel like I'm being left to deal with it and have zero support
Aww no that's terrible support! I had to buy my own support belt too as our NHS don't offer them, they gave me a tubigrip to go around my pelvis which just wasn't tight or supportive enough. The crutches I have are a pain too, struggle to go out alone with my 2 year old as I can't hold his hand x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back