Spd so bad can't cope!!!!

Pip52976

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm having a really bad few days, after walking a couple of steps my left leg literally buckles. I'm screaming and crying in pain! I'm seeing the chiropractor in an hour and I need it to work. I just want some proper pain relief all I can tale is paracetamol and it isn't touching the pain. Sorry for the rant just feeling done in today! 😭😭😭😭

Have you been given crutches? If not that might be the best thing to help as there's not a great deal they can do except wait for birth xx

I do have some from a knee injury years a go. I'll give the a try, thanks. Still got 8 weeks to go I have no idea how I'm going to make it through if it keeps getting worse like this.

I went through a horrendous patch at 32 weeks and ended up in hospital because of the pain. Lots of rest and I'm doing much better now. Can you take a few days off work (if still working) and pretty much do nothing? You can get cocodamol from the doctor too. The chiropractor I saw really helped me too, but I was going every 2 weeks whilst I was still working but not needed to go as frequently now xx

Thankfully not working anymore, I had been seeing the chiropractor once a week and my progress was so good she thought we should try leaving it for two weeks, this clearly wasn't a good idea. Unfortunately I'm allergic to codine and had previously been offered bed rest and morphine in hospital which at the time I really didn't want...I'm starting to consider it today though. I just feel so bad that my body is too weak to carry my baby, it's really getting me down today.

I know, it was getting me so down too. Glad your not working either. Seriously though the 2 days in hospital on tramadol (allergic to morphine) were very much needed plus I had 3-4 more days at home where my hubby did everything, I only had to move to go and pee. Your not weak and are doing a fab job protecting your baby. Big hugs hun xx

Thanks Hun if it gets any worse ill ring them. Other half came home from work early to take me to chiropractor and "look after me" he's now fast asleep next to me lol. He has been doing a great job maybe me being in hospital would give him a break too.

I have hypermobility syndrome and have to take it for my hips every now and then. However, when I was pregnant last time, I had severe SPD & SJD and the consultant prescribed it to me. I had tp take it every day just to be able to get out of bed in a morning, but as I took it so frequentlyI had to be weaned off around 35 weeks so baby wasnt born with withdrawals. As the pain killers reduced, the pain obviously increased and I was induced at 38 weeks.

I really feel for you if you cant have anything stronger.

Order yourself a belt called Wiltshire Belt, its designed to go around the hips rather than a bump & back support and it helps keep your pelvis sturdy. I already had to start wearing mine for a couple of days last week after hoovering and mopping and a dog walk done me in x

Last edited:
Glad your hubby has been supportive even if he is now asleep lol xx

Just got out of the hospital after 4 and half hours if waiting with a prescription for tramadol. So happy I didn't have to stay there. Looking forward to our Thai takeaway and my own bed. Feeling exhausted!!!

Yay for tramadol, it knocks me out so make sure you eat your takeaway first lol Hope it helps you with the pain xx

So it did help with the pain and I feel much better today. However I feel so guilty and worried that tramadol can cause baby to come out with withdraws. I just want this pain to be manageable without putting baby at risk. My oh looked so disappointed in me when we heard about the effects on baby.

So it did help with the pain and I feel much better today. However I feel so guilty and worried that tramadol can cause baby to come out with withdraws. I just want this pain to be manageable without putting baby at risk. My oh looked so disappointed in me when we heard about the effects on baby.
Baby wont be born with withdrawals if you only use it when absolutely necessary. Plus its the codeine that has the worst effect on baby. But both are safe to use under advice of doctors. They wouldn't give it if they thought you'd cause any harm. Your health is number 1 for concern whilst you're trying to grow your baby and believe me I I suffered in my last pregnancy. I like yourself raised my concerns and they said all will be fine as long as you only use when absolutely necessary. As there became a point I became dependant, I was weaned off gradually by my consultant. Unfortunately with SPD, it only gets worse as baby gets heavier x

Thanks Hun I really apprechiate the support this group gives. Sometimes you need to hear you are doing the right thing. It's so easy to get caught up in your own head. X

Baby will suffer more if mum is stressed, think of all the drug addict/smokers/drinkers that give birth to healthy babies everyday. The side effects are minimal and if you only take them when absolutely necessary there's nothing to worry about.
I was prescribed co codamol for spd/sciatica and only needed it for a few days as once I relaxed baby seemed to alter position which eased up the pain to a more manageable level, a few weeks ago I couldn't see how I was going to get to the end of my pregnancy with the agony in my left leg but now it's more of a niggle xx

I was warned about the tramadol withdrawals too, but thankfully like emmam just being on them 5-6 days let me relax and recover enough to stop taking them. Fingers crossed you can too. But if not you are still doing what's best for you and baby as much as it doesn't seem like it at times xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back