SPD boo Hoo

Positive37

Reaction score
Hi Ladies really struggled to post past few days. i did post about this on Friday but think it got lost and is wayyy back on page 3.

So woke up Friday and felt a little discomfort on walking by time it got to leaving work i was practically waddling with pain. basically has got progressively worse. Spoken to midwife and hospital and its SPD !!!

walking is just impossible i am literally like a snail, gritting my teeth and grimacing in pain. its just awful. its like someone is stabbing you in the foof constantly. i cant believe i have it really thought i might have escaped it at 33 weeks.

I have been so active and really wanted this to continue but not gonna happen

Tomorrow is my last day at work i just cant commute its exhausting trying to walk. i am so embarrased walking through city with all the workers and me fat lumped waddling grimacing mess.

the hospital physio cant see me for another 2 weeks ! apparantly they fit u with a belt etc.

so tonight am off to Accupuncture man to see if he can relieve it ?

Has anyone else got this - can it get worse or will it stay as it is now?

I dont want to moan but i now have 7 weeks of being immobile and in pain. but you know what its all for Moo and for that I will shut up!

Any advice truly appreciated xxx

Aw that sounds awful! Hope they will be able to help you to reduce the pain. One more working day and then you can put your feet up. xxx

Yeah I have had it since 19 weeks :( progressively got worse. Went to physio over two weeks ago and pelvis out of line and spine curved but after they put it right just hurt more then I fell down a hole. Pain so bad signed off work for week and back to physio. Pelvis had gone and got stuck the other way instead and bone which connects spine to pelvis (can't remember name) nearly at right angles. All got put back again but still in pain. Going to try and go back to work tomorrow but got meeting with someone who is covering my manager while she is on leave to discuss what I can and can't do and am dreading it! Have been in tears nearly all day, really getting me down. Physio seemed to think it should get better now she has moved it back again but worried about doing anything which can move it out of place again as she said even getting in and out of car can do this!

Sorry not being very positive, have been told that when the engage it can get alot better and my midwife said that women with spd have more relaxant hormone and ligaments/tendons all stretched out so labour can be easier?! We can only hope!

Have you tried ice packs? These help me sometimes but depends on little girls position, if she is kicking really low she just kicks more when cold and these hurt me even more. :(

Doctor told me they dont like to give belts as they weaken the muscles and they want to strengthen them to try and keep everything in place. He also just told me to take paracetomol but given up on that as really doesn't help.

I feel you pain :(

xx

This past week or do iv been finding it difficult to walk too. My hip and high up on my right thigh are agony. Sometimes when I stand up it happens suddenly and iv found myself almost falling to the ground as my leg gives way- its scary. Could this be spd?

Oh ladies. Not.good is it.
Just back from a painful session with acupuncture osteopath guy.i know him well.his dug his elbow in my butt to loosen muscles. Dine exercises. His even put pressure on my pubic bone lucky I know him.he said it can get worse.he 100% said get.a belt.
Said. Orgasms will give natural pain relief wtf...!!!
Anyway basically have to rest more.less walking. Its only 7weeks.its just. So tiring.
He said Its.more. painful then labour so phew ill be ok.

Bubbles be e careful going back to work dont overdo it.

Mrsmac sounds a bit like sciatica for u?...I cant be sure

I'm a sufferer too, since 14 weeks or so. I've kept mine at bay mostly by resting a lot. Not been as bad as a lot of people get it, but sometimes it's horrible. Makes me yelp and I can't walk fast at all! I shuffle about. Lame!
It's been really frustrating as I was active before, walking, running, cycling, and an outdoor job. I've had to give it all up. Squiggle will be worth it by I'm not the fit active pregnant lady I wanted to be! I don't know how I am not the size of a house!!
I hope yours isn't too bad hun, I'm getting my support belt next week hopefully. My physio.is lovely.

X

Oh ladies. Not.good is it.
Just back from a painful session with acupuncture osteopath guy.i know him well.his dug his elbow in my butt to loosen muscles. Dine exercises. His even put pressure on my pubic bone lucky I know him.he said it can get worse.he 100% said get.a belt.
Said. Orgasms will give natural pain relief wtf...!!!
Anyway basically have to rest more.less walking. Its only 7weeks.its just. So tiring.
He said Its.more. painful then labour so phew ill be ok.

Bubbles be e careful going back to work dont overdo it.

Mrsmac sounds a bit like sciatica for u?...I cant be sure

My physio did the pressure thing on pubic bone and bum to push it all in right place so hopefully that will help you a bit.

No not going to overdo it, I have learnt from that. Take it easy. Its getting easier to remember to go slowly as I get bigger :)

Think I am going to ask midwife about belt as sounds like they are good and GP prob talking bull. One GP told me it wasn't SPD as well, they are so useless! xx

I've just been diagnosed with SPD too Hun, I'm literally I'm tears most of the day I'm in that much pain, the hospital are doing there best to get me seen as the doctor put an urgent request in as they believe its quite severe cuz of the pain I'm in.

Nothing is keeping me comfy at the minute and I'm literally lifting my baby off my pelvis myself when he is moving around to try and ease some of the pain.

I'm desperate to get to see the physio as soon as possible because I need some relief :( so miserable

Hope your ok and I completely sympathise with you all :( xxx

Umbongo its constant pwin when I walk.turn.move in bed.it brinfs tears.to my eyes.im scared ill end up.on crutches ha.
I havent had to rest.but I now have no choice.last day at work tmrw..i am hoping I dont get fat but havent so.far.and its.only 7 weeks.moo is soworth Iit but mummy is in so much pain.
Also feels.like ive pulled a rib am . walking. So badly my whole body is out of sync ouch.
My acupuncture guy is fab so hoping my bi weekly sessions will help.

Bubbles get the belt hun it.wont hurt. ...ha ha he also said there is a.spot between anus and foof that my boyfriend could massage.and helo pain omg

God.nikki u sound bad.....can u walk? Or like me its a.grimace with every step.
I. Glad your hospital are pushing u through. ....have they offered crutches? I have to wait till.monday week!!!
I totally empathise hun its.plain.crap....the thought of getting to work tmrw is painful.
U have other children too how u coping? Xxxx

I can walk around my house for brief 30seconds periods then I'm having to sit down, I have been offered anything to help yet but I did phone my doctor this morning and they said physio can authorise lots of supports for me light chair for shower and crutches etc so just got to wait for them to give me an appointment, I'm ringing everyday to speed it up tho.

Luckily I left my job at 3months due to another problem, my partner works nights so he is around when I need him most when the kids get home from school and making dinner etc, he has been doing all the house work and my friend picks up the kids and brings them home for me. So support wise I'm ok but I'd do anything to make it go away, I've gone from feeling so happy and excited and enjoying feeling him wriggle around to wishing he wasn't and not enjoying anything it's heartbreaking to feel like it.

I have such along time to go too, I really hope there is something that's going to relief it for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back