SPD and back pain after birth

Hazel

Reaction score
How long until the hip and fanny pain goes after birth? It's been a week now and although the pain is much better I'm still getting stuck on the sofa and in bed which is making it a little difficult getting up in the night to Connie as I can't walk for a minute. Getting down on the floor to change her on her mat is also difficult as I can't get up easily and have to crawl to the sofa to pill myself up :( . Been going for a walk everyday which is easing it but just wondered on timescale of feeling normal and not like a 90 year with a bad back.

It took a few weeks for me to feel as though i could get up easily of the floor/chair/bed :(
Still have a few niggles now, but so much better than in pregnancy :D

It does start to ease, just take things easy and hopefully you will start to notice a difference :)

It will get easier hun, but it takes time. Your body is readjustiing itself but it will ease xx.

I didn't have SPD officially diagnosed but had severe pain in my second pregnancy and although it eased once my DD was born, it still niggled on and off and I had to be referred for physio. I only had about 5 or 6 sessions and it almost completely went.

If you are still in pain at your 6 week check then it might be worth asking for a referral cos it can take a while to get an appointment. I hope that you won't need to though and that it will soon ease. Don't forget you are still recovering from childbirth as well and that takes a while. In the meantime, try not to do anything that causes pain, easier said than done I know with a new baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back