SPD Again!!!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Warley, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Warley

Warley Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say that there is hope!!!
    :dance:
    last time I saw the MW she told me that I had SPD or Pelvic girdle pain. She also said she had recently seen what seems to be an epidemic of this condition and put it down to the fact we are wearing not enough supportive knickers, mainly bits of cloth that just cover your bits! So she told me to buy some supportive undies, like your gran wore! If it didn't help then she would refer me to the physio....

...looked in M'Care....£15 for one pair of knickers!!.. So went to Ethel Austin and bought some bargain HUGE bump hugger knickers size 20-22 and I can't live without them! I was worried I would have to go on mat leave early as I work 12hr shifts, mostly on my feet, but they really seem to have done the trick. I really can't understand how just a bit of material can keep your pelvis held together, as they are not mega tight....although this was a few weeks ago, may have to get some bigger ones soon!

They look do awful though!

2. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

ooooo I'll have to invest in some as I've been in agony for the last couple of weeks

3. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip :D Might have to go shopping for some granny pants :D