SPD 7 Months on

charlie84

Reaction score
Calleigh is just short of 7 months and i am still having trouble with my SPD :(

Walked to and from town today which is about 15/20 mins each way and by the time i got home i was in agony, felt like someone was prising my pelvis apart.

It is tons better than when i was pregnant but i still feel quite limited as my pace can be short and slow and i just cant walk for long periods of time.

How long is this likely to last? Should i seek advice from my doc or just sit tight and see if it eventually goes away?

Mine improved almost as soon as I gave birth and within a week it was just a horrible memory and absolutley no pain whatsoever, the 4 weeks before I was literally housebound and had to shuffle up the stairs on my bum so was quite bad. I thought SPD was caused by a chemical being released a bit too early to help separate the fanny bone when giving birth :think: , might be wrong though. I would get it checked out.

Mine feels much better than in pregnancy but I often find my coccyx is very painful if I sit down for long periods of time. I developed a sciatica type pain in one leg too that I wondered if it was related to my SPD but the doctor mentioned lifting car seats were a really common cause of pain after pregnancy. I've noticed my SPD like pains are really sore after I have had a day lifting the car seat about so the bending in awkward ways is definitely aggravating it.

Charlie, I'd have a word with your doctor as it might be good to get a referral to a physiotherapist. When I saw one during pregnancy he said that the SPD should only remain around 13 weeks after the birth as that is how long it takes for the relaxin hormone to leave the body :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the advice girls will book an appointment with the doctors next week.

I have been told that breastfeeding can prolong it due to the hormone being released whilst feeding however i cant find anything to back that up.

I just want the pain to be gone, i feel like an old woman at times :?

I had severe SPD throughout my pregnancy, I needed crutches as I couldn't walk. Not even to the toilet!! Once I had Aimee the pain went completely but over the last few weeks it has came back and I have been finding I need the crutches again which obviously isn't good with a baby to look after. I spoke to my HV about it and she has refered me to physio again. I can feel my pelvis crunch even turning around in bed is painful!

I can still feel mine but quite faint, no where near as painful as when I was pregnant, and I don't get the clicky crunchy feeling anymore, just a dull ache. If I were you I would deffo consult a GP for support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back