Spa treatments

tinytoes

Reaction score
Maybe someone here will know . oH and I are off for a romantic weekend and I had booked in for a spa hot massgae and facial . Will I have to cancel them ?

Hey hun, I had booked myself in for a full body massage before I found out I was pregnant and then had to cancel as they don't do massages of any kind for women in their first trimester. You will be absolutely fine with the facial.

Maybe call the Spa and ask them hun but I presume they wouldn't advise having the massage xx

Head massage instead or foot massage if you can bear it?xx

Body massage is a no no. Facial is ok but check what they use/ tell them you are pg

sent from my Galaxy s2

Hi TinyToes, the ladies here are right. I'm a qualified beauty therapist and we are not able to carry out full body treatments on anyone in their first trimester. A facial should be fine but make sure that the products being used do not contain essential oils as some are not advised during this time (e.g. Rose, Marjoram, Clary Sage). Another option would be a luxury manicure maybe with a heated mask? Sometimes I find getting my nails done the more relaxing thing!
Hope you have a lovely time away!

As above! You need to avoid anything like massage in tri 1, that includes hotstones, Indian head and reflexology etc...stick with manicures, pedicures and facials, like already mentioned becarefull with essential oils and do tell them you are preg, but it doesn't mean you have to miss out completely! Enjoy :) xx

Thanks so much :) I phoned and they have booked me in for and anti-natal spa for the same price insted ! Im really pleased as Im feeling so tired and ill .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back