*Soy Isoflavones

LittleDalla

Reaction score
Is anyone using these? What is the dosage you take and which days?
I am thinking of ordering them :)
Has anyone used the Tesco ones?

Last edited:
I tried them. You take them for 5 days, what cycle days you choose is up to you. Common choices are 2-6, 3-7, 5-9. I did 3-7. Taking it earlier makes more follicles grow, taking it later makes the lead follicle mature.

They are half as strong as clomid. Most ladies start on a dose of 50 clomid, so you may want to start on 100 of soy. You should take the same dose on every cycle day, not increase it as the days go on as it says on some internet pages.

It is advised you should only take it for 6 consecutive cycles, then take a break before continuing if you wish to do so.

I did ov on my first cycle taking soy but I don't know if it was coincidence or not as I didn't ov on the other cycles I took it for.

Thank you Snowbee.
I am willing to try anything now. I am looking to do my BBT also to see if I actually did Ovulate.
I will be taking Metformin with these also.
I just seem to have no luck with trying to get Clomid, so I will happily try a similar product

I had to wait ages to finally get to try clomid. Have they said you have to wait for it or are they just saying no? I find it odd they won't let you try it. I have the opposite problem now as my consultant won't let me try metformin alongside the clomid, which seems to be the combination that works for lots of pco ladies.

They keep giving me different things ... Started with Metformin then had to try a form of injection but theyre not pregnancy friendly so have to stop at OV.

I'm going to try them if my FET doesn't work.

I know I over-responded to clomid but I think soy might be a little gentler. I will only take a dose of 40 and see what that does.

Do either of you get spotting before your period due to your PCOS? Chromium stopped it for a few months and gives me EWCM. I definitely ovulated the first month of metformin. But my temps in the TWW are very up and down and then I have had the spotting since my IVF cycle in November. I read this could be an issue with corpus luteum, just not sure how to help it.

I've tried them this month, ive had no luck with Clomid so hoping that Soy is the miracle I need, I took them 5-9 only because I wasn't going to take them but decided on CD 5 I would give them a go
I do Ovulate naturally so I'm hoping it improves my egg quality. ..taking it later supposedly does this
The sooner you take it the more follicles are stimulated similar to Clomid

LittleDalla has AF arrived? Really hope you don't need to take them sweetie

Phenioxgirl when are yiu having your FET? I'm really keeping everything crossed for you lovely

Xxxxxx

I hope it is the miracle you need Clover.
I think I will do a high dose on them that they recommend.

Phonix I dont get any spotting. Metformin is definitely helping. But hate taking them because I was diagnosed with IBS and they just do not help with that. I suffer bad with the side effects regarding my stomach.

Clover I still have no sign of AF. Going to get a test for the morning. Cervix is being a yoyo the past couple of days. It is back high and CM has gone a little jelly like.

Oh I'm really hopeful for you littleDalla! ! When was AF due? The fact that she hasn't arrived is really positive

I have read loads of successful stories online about Soy and ive always wanted to try them but was a bit dubious and thought that they may do the opposite and I wouldn't Ovulate
But ive done an Opk and it's a lot darker than it normally is at this day in my cycle so I'm really impressed :)

Xxxx

She was due on Wednesday. I keep getting waves of cramp but nothing on going or major.
Everytime I go to the loo I am expecting to see her. But I will keep you updated :)

I am the same, seen loads of good reviews about Soy. But if AF shows I will happily try anything!
Thats a positive sign. Hopefully it helps the egg :D
Is this different to when you were on Clomid?

Last edited:
I always thought it would help people ovulate with PCOS. I will definitely read more into these before trying.
Thank you very much for the links Spirited :)

Phonix I don't really get spotting. I don't usually get much af really and I think there is never much lining there to come out so I am a bit concerned clomid will make it even thinner. I take chromium too.

Have you tested LittleDalla? Fingers crossed you don't need to try soy.

Have you ovd on soy Clover? What cycle day did you ov on when taking it days 5-9?

I havent tested yet. Last time I tested was last Sunday and it was a BFN. I will be testing on Monday now. If AF hasnt showed by then :)

Phonix I don't really get spotting. I don't usually get much af really and I think there is never much lining there to come out so I am a bit concerned clomid will make it even thinner. I take chromium too.

Have you tested LittleDalla? Fingers crossed you don't need to try soy.

Have you ovd on soy Clover? What cycle day did you ov on when taking it days 5-9?
Sorry hun just seen this
I'm only CD 11 so haven't Ovulated yet, I will let you know if and when I do :)
I have a thin lining too a day I've tried everything to thicken it, including Raspberry leaf tea & Beetroot juice
Clomid can effect it but not always

xxxxx

I took 12.5mg clomid last cycle and AF was quite light compared to normal. I've heard a lot of good things about soy. I'd only take 40mg because of my PCOS and the fact I ovulate naturally but I have a short follicular phase. I hope it might lengthen it and improve egg quality.

I have to do HRT for my FET because my hormones are so messed up lol, so I start them on CD21 of this cycle which is 9th March. I have the endometrial scratch that day too and acupuncture the day before. All very exciting. Trying not to get my hopes up really do hope it works! Xxx

I have taken these this month CD5 -9 and my Ovulation date has moved 2 days LATER than normal normally CD 15/16 and I'm CD 18 and Ovulated (hopefully today due to pains and ewcm)
My Opks have been really dark positives from the evening of CD 16 up till 12pm today so that's almost 3 days of positive Opks
Thursday evening
216537b937a3b8ba24605f25bacf713f.jpg

Friday evening
171e37465424600a4d8a2029b1af3a52.jpg

so Soy did work to give me a super strong Ovulation

xxxxxc

I took 12.5mg clomid last cycle and AF was quite light compared to normal. I've heard a lot of good things about soy. I'd only take 40mg because of my PCOS and the fact I ovulate naturally but I have a short follicular phase. I hope it might lengthen it and improve egg quality.

I have to do HRT for my FET because my hormones are so messed up lol, so I start them on CD21 of this cycle which is 9th March. I have the endometrial scratch that day too and acupuncture the day before. All very exciting. Trying not to get my hopes up really do hope it works! Xxx
Really hope your FET is successful hun, really exciting :D

xxxxx

That's fab Clover! I'm defo going to give it a try.

Thanks hun, yes, hopefully the FET works and I won't need it!

Hi Ladies.
I am looking at which ones to buy and see ones with Menopause on them. Are these the right ones or wrong ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back