Sorry it's a poo question!

Leah04x

Reaction score
For the past week or so, Ethan's poos have been very dark green (it looks black in the nappy before you wipe him). It's of normal consistency and he doesn't seem to have an upset stomach. He hasn't had anything out of the ordinary to eat either.

I googled it before posting here and it said that it can be a sign that LO is getting too much iron and/or dairy. Now I'm worrying I'm not balancing his diet properly?!

Is it normal?
Don't want to be bothering the doctor if I'm making something out of nothing!

Xx

Jacks poo is a different colour every time he does one! I've turned it into some weird mum guessing game :/ I'm such a weirdo... Anyway, jack has a varied diet, I wouldn't say he has too much iron or dairy, in fact he doesn't eat much at all but he does have a little weaning yoghurt everyday. I'm sure it must be normal! Xxx

I think its normal for the colour and consistancy to vary at this age. I know my lo's always did. I would just keep an eye on it and if it continues maybe speak to the hv? But as long as he seems ok i wouldnt worry. nappy inspecting is just one of the joys of motherhood lol x

My little lady's poo can sometimes be quite black in colour almost and sometimes multicoloured! I have wondered if I am giving her too much dairy usually full fat milk with her weetabix and a yoghurt and fruit for pudding.

Keep an eye on it maybe try a little less dairy to till things out? This is what I'm trying to do x

I got a rainbow parcel the other day. It was awesome... Lol :)

Trouble is, green poo can mean so many different things...
As long as it's not black/red (like his is black/green), I wouldn't worry too much.
(Black/red is a sign of bleeding in the gut).

Just mention it to HV if you're worried, but they'll probably just tell you to let it work itself out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back