Sorry it's a poo question!

AmyQ

Reaction score
Evan is exclusively breastfed (and loving it lol) but he seems to poo all the time. I've read that some breastfed babies only poo once a week, but Evan seems to be doing one 6 or more times a day; I rarely change his nappy and find it's just a wee. It doesn't help that he doesn't enjoy pushing them out either.

He seems well in himself, my only concern is he seemed to have fed less yesterday. Saying that he has put on weight ever since he was born so must be getting enough.

We have our 6 week check on Thursday but I just wondered if any of you bf ladies have very pooey babies too.

My LO was the same when I was breast feeding! My friend couldn't believe it because her LO was a once a weeker. My LO didn't have any trouble going. With regards to the feeding has he just had a growth spurt? Maybe that's why he's feeding less today? X

Hey sweetie, I am presuming LO is mini? If so it is completely normal for them to poop so regularly. You will find around the four month mark it slows down a bit! Xx

I thought breastfed babies pooped more? My little fella goes once every couple of days but he's on formula.

I'd say as long as he's putting on weight he's probably ok. Without going into too much detail, are his poos the right consistency and colour?

If he struggles to go, try sitting him a bit more upright as gravity can help move things along so to speak. My son always goes when he's on his bouncer. Sitting up a bit and the vibrations of it obviously make things a bit easier for him!

He also slept most of yesterday so wouldn't be surprised if it was growth spurt xx

We were the same....its slowed down now we have began weaning xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I thought breastfed babies pooped more? My little fella goes once every couple of days but he's on formula.

I'd say as long as he's putting on weight he's probably ok. Without going into too much detail, are his poos the right consistency and colour?

If he struggles to go, try sitting him a bit more upright as gravity can help move things along so to speak. My son always goes when he's on his bouncer. Sitting up a bit and the vibrations of it obviously make things a bit easier for him!

It all looks normal, just surprised by the quantity. Obviously what goes in must come out, so he must be a super efficient feeder as he's only normally on for 10 mins max every 2 hours or so.

We try and sit him up too, but he tends to lock his legs out which makes it difficult. When he's over my shoulder I'm usually getting head butted too. Cycling his legs sometimes helps too. He's not a big fan of the bouncer yet but we'll give that a try

LO was a non-stop poo-er as a newborn, it felt like it was every nappy! I assumed every baby was like that, and felt so jealous when I heard that some babies poo'd far less :lol:

Even now, at ten months, he still does at least three poos a day - massive, horrible, stinky poos :sick: Least he normally makes it obvious when he's doing it so I can deal with it quickly :roll:

Aaron was like that in the beginning too - the nurses in hospital commented on it (I had to record all his poos :lol:) I felt like they didn't believe how much they poo'd

It settle down after a few months though

Libby is just settling down to twice a day now she's 8 weeks on Thursday but until then it was every nappy xx

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Molly is nearly 5 months now, and is down to 3/4 poos a day, from 7/8. She is exclusively breastfed. One baby in a group I go to is breastfed, and goes once every 5 days- people kept saying th that it was because breast milk is digested so easily that there is no wastage- I was getting really paranoid! Now I'm paranoid because she is pooing less! The doctor seemed more than happy, and she is a little chunk, so she's obviously fine. I reckon my destiny is to be always worried about her in some way! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back