sorry but really morbid question!

trixipaws

Reaction score
blame friends- i was watching the one with rachels other sister in the other day where they fight over who gets emma if ross & rachel dies!

me & my boyf dont hav a will and we are not married, i wonder who would automatically get custody of milliepops if we died? sorry about the morbidity but im curious!

you should appoint a legal guardian now you have Millie. That way you can decide who she will go to if the worst should happen.

We have done this, as I was terrified my kids might end up with somebody in OH's family :shock: (they don't know his side of the family)

Omg i guess this is something we should think about, has anyone writeen their will yet as i was thinknig about this too???

omg i need to get out more

I think that my parents would be our best bet. Neither of our siblings are in a position to take responsibility of a child though as they are both younger - and my bro is young, free & single.

Sammystar said:
you should appoint a legal guardian now you have Millie. That way you can decide who she will go to if the worst should happen.

How does one go about doing this?

We had our wills re-done when we found out we were expecting- we also chosen legal guardians - people that we know and love and who we would trust to bring up our baby the they we would bring her up. ....... - it was quite costly having it all done but worth every penny ......... the alternative is unthinkable - that family members might fight over who was gettting her and she might end up with somoene that we didn't want her to be with...

If you want to go arrange a will - try to do it through a company that just right wills and don't do anything else - there advise is fab because they are so speciailised in what they do and also seem to be much cheaper than doing it through a solicitor.

We had our wills done, guardian ship for Grace, power of attorney, and living wills

I got a will made out stating that if I should die, Tia goes to my mum... as I didn't want her going to my ex or his family. Mainly because his parents are Jehova Witnesses, as he is in the army, she would stay with them, and I don't like their attitude over blood transfusions.

You should get a will made out as soon as possible or in the event of your death Millie will be made a ward of the court before a legal guardian will be appointed. This is usually a close relative, but if none remain who will take her, she will be placed into foster care.

However, if you make a will and specify someone, it doesn't matter who or what relation they are to you or Millie... Millie will automatically be given to them... usually pending some investigation from social services and a court hearing, but just standard things.

It is morbid but at the end of the day you want to make sure that your baby is safe should you die... and as we never know what life holds for us... we should always plan ahead.

leckershell said:
Sammystar said:

How does one go about doing this?

Well we did it here in Switzerland through our lawyer. I guess Citizens Advice might be able to help you?

It's definitely worth doing, for your own peace of mind :hug:

We have thought about this, but can't decide who we would want :think:
We took out life insurance in July so we know at least Dan will be financially secure. We just need to decide who would raise him if the unthinkable happened.

if i was to die tomoz garry would get Braydon, altho bray dont know who he is and he aint seen bray in over a yr he would still get custody, so i made a will that said i wanted my mum and dad to have him altho garry could still fight it at least it was in my will and everyone knows who i wanted to have him and why

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back