Sore shoulder

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi all...

Have developed a very painful right shoulder lately...which is funny because I've been lying on my left side when sleeping etc...was wondering if acupunture/massage/chiropractic treatment was allowed while pregnant?

Sue

I don't know about massage and chiro, but acupuncture is not recommended when you are pregnant...having said that, my physio said that it depends on where the needles are needed.
So worth a try :)

Hope you feel better soon, I have been suffering quite badly for back/shoulder pain for 5 years now.... I know how it feels :(

Take care,

Mel xx

Massage is allowed, they just have to use diffrent oils to normal.

I have booked in for a full body massage the day before my wedding and the lady in there said that its fine, but she will have to use just a base oil, coz anything else could trigger labour or be harmful

Its probably because the ligaments are making your pressure points more tender, I know when I lie on my side, my shoulder and hip joints hurt. make sure you head is supported a the right angle, ie in line with your spine, and if its really causing you trouble, get some egg crate foam to lay on top of your mattress to distribute the weight better. Also strangly enough I find a firm mattress helps, our bed is so soft it makes it worse, where as the bed in the nursery is like a fouton and a lot more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back