Sore bottom...

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I don't think it's nappy rash - it certainly isn't all over her cheeks, and doesn't look like it on Google images. Not too be too graphic, but it's literally just around the opening. Red, and almost looks like burst blisters - I think that's the best way to describe it.

Any suggestions? Or is this just mild nappy rash? I'm worried I'm not cleaning her correctly.

My son had this when he was a newborn, again not all over but very angry and red right around the opening, took him to the doctor and he got a cream called nystroform which was amazing. Said it was just nappy rash and that it's really common, I too was worried I wasn't cleaning him properly but think it was just down to the frequency he filled his nappy!! Xx

I found lansinoh nipple cream was the best ever thing for this.

My son had this when he was a newborn, again not all over but very angry and red right around the opening, took him to the doctor and he got a cream called nystroform which was amazing. Said it was just nappy rash and that it's really common, I too was worried I wasn't cleaning him properly but think it was just down to the frequency he filled his nappy!! Xx

Would you say I need to take her to the doctors about it (I can wait until 2 weeks to get an appointment at mine!)? Or should I use a generic nappy rash cream? I've avoided wipes, soaps, creams up until now and have just been using a liittle coconut oil on her dry legs xx

It sounds like nappy rash to me.

Lasinoh or another cream should help. Also some nappy free time

Do you really have to wait two weeks for a baby appointment? That's appalling. If I had to wait more than 2 days id be annoyed.

My LO can get that jut at the opening. I always just put sudocrem on it and it's gone the next day x

I found Metanium (sp?) was brilliant for sorting nappy rash.

You can get it in Tesco and a little goes a long way so it lasts for ages.

XX

Giving her nappy off time to get the air about it helps, and sudocrem xx

Could it be thrush?

I'd avoid regular nappy creams too, the ingredients are too harsh, especially sudocrem
Id try coconut oil & nappy-free time first x

Last edited:
I went to the doctors because I had been using sudocream and another one....metanium or something like that and It just got worse and worse. I asked for an on the day appointment at my doctors...you just need to ask. Xx

My LO had peeling skin all over at 2 weeks (totally normal)- is this just part of that? I had the same panic as you but now looking back I wonder if that was all it was. Anyway mw suggested calendula cream (Weleda- they sell it in waitrose) and it's fantastic- natural and very gentle with no harsh chemicals

Last edited:
Jackson had a really bad sore bum and bits when all the other creams failed to take it away it turned out to be thrush and canesten healed it up in no time.

I also used to give Jackson daily "bare bum time" luckily the only times we haven't avoided a bad rash was when he had a Dickie tummy or bad teething bouts.

I hope it goes soon they always look really sore.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back