Sore aching bump

Newmum13

Reaction score
Does anyone else's stomach or bump feel sore or achey? I woke up a couple of days ago and it felt like I'd pulled muscles all over my bump, I'd not really been showing and my bump seemed to appear all of a sudden and now it feels really sore and achey. And it almosts feels like I've pulled a muscle in my groin too! Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried? xx

I've been feeling like this for a few weeks, sometimes it feels really heavy and sore. Other days it just feels hard. I think it's all pretty normal xx

I am much the same. Achy over bump in general, but nothing to worry about I don't think.

I think its more a case of rapid growth so a bit of stretching and pulling is only natural. I unfortunately have hip pain and a bit of pelvic pain to go with it. A warm bath sorts me out.

Every time I sneeze (which I tend to do about once a day, for no apparent reason), something pulls really painfully in my belly. I assume its muscular. If I know the sneeze is coming and hold my bump tight it doesn't hurt.

Lying on my side I have to have a pillow under the bump (even though it isn't that big) because I can feel everything dragging down and it hurts.

At random times I get a really sore bump all over, and already getting a sore back sometimes too. It seems to be related to how I've been lying. Sometimes I think it is wind. Other times I think it is because everything in there is shifting and skin and muscles are stretching. Lots of belly and back rubs required to ease such things.

Glad to here I'm not alone! It's so hard to know what's normal and what's not! My pain is constant so I rang the midwife and saw her today, she thinks it's just stretching pains but I just wish it wasn't constant :( makes me so anxious that something is wrong xx

I also have a sore bump and find wearing my seat belt very uncomfortable, its definitely a pulling stretching feeling. I hold my tummy when I go up the stairs and also have to hold it tight when I sneeze otherwise it hurts. The midwife has said that it's growing pains and the pushing of the abdominal wall muscles.

Hope it starts to feel better xxxx

I have the sneezing pain too. Feels like my belly is going to hit my knees if I dont hold it!

The further into this pregnancy I get, the more I wonder why people do it repeatedly. OH says he will remind me of this in a couple of years!

Iv been feeling like this too, sometimes feels bruised if you know what I mean xx

Yeah that's how I feel, almost bruised from the inside? If that makes sense? xx

The further into this pregnancy I get, the more I wonder why people do it repeatedly. OH says he will remind me of this in a couple of years!

Totally agree, keep reminding my husband every other day this will be our first and last.

Don't have any sneezing pains, but have to tighten my belly when I'm trying to plug in my laptop, or pull the plug off the wall. Perhaps it's baby's reminder to spend less time online... :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back