Soooo mad !!!!

mummy2b73

Reaction score
:mad: WARNING RANT !!!! lol
I'm not one to moan normally.....but we assembled our cot at weekend which we absolutely love !.....The problem is that on nearly every piece of it there was some kind of fault ranging from scratches and dents to mould ! and to add insult to injury I was just putting some bedding in the drawer earlier and the drawer runner broke....I wouldn't mind but there is hardly any weight in it just a few blankets and bibs !!
I sent the manufacturer an email and pics at weekend to which I had no feedback so I have just phoned basically they say that they have looked at pics and there is NO problem and won't replace it I'm FUMING !!!! I wouldn't have minded if it was cheap but it's over £200 anyway I won't be buying anything from them again......and I can feel a snotty phonecall to tesco direct brewing when I have calmed down a bit.....! DON'T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN !!!! lol

Cheeky buggers! They have to replace it surely!!!

According to the man nope ! honestly the faults are pretty bad and I am normally laid back about these things but they have got me soooo annoyed......I'm fuming I'm going to ring Tesco in a bit get the manufacturer into trouble they won't like me telling tales...! lol

Where did you buy it from? If it's tesco direct then go through them and ignore the manufacturer - that's the company you bought it off problem. I would also get in touch with citizens advice as they're rally good and can give you laws etc. to quote at them if they are being difficult :hugs:

That is terrible, I hope you get it sorted xx

Oh no, surely they should replace or offer a refund of some description? x

I think I will do that.... The only problem is that we got it early December but didn't assemble it cause nursery wasn't done so as far as I can see that's the only thing Tesco can say.....I need to dig out the receipt and ring them. I wouldn't advise anyone buy from that particular manufacturer the quality is rubbish no quality control and the colour isn't as described.... I should have taken more notice of the reviews online.

It's definitely Tesco direct that you need to contact as your contract is with the retailer and not the manufacturer... I really hope you get somewhere and some satisfaction... It sounds like the cot is pretty bad... And mould... Urgh! Good luck! Let us know how you get on. Xx

I've just spoke to Tesco the man wasn't happy said they should replace it !......fingers crossed that he will get me a replacement sorted he's going to send them an 'official email' and get it sorted hopefully will be a good result for the heavily pregnant lady !

Not good! Fingers crossed you get a replacement its not on and the item wasnt as described so you should be entitled to a refund, like you said the only thing they may have you on is how long you've had it, if they have a "30 day returns" policy xxx

how rude of them!! Don't mess with a pregnant woman!!

The manufacturer has told Tesco it's out of stock (and I believe them...not) so if they can't 'locate' a new one they will send someone round on 23rd to replace all the bits I'm not happy with but there are so many 'bits' that need replacing may as well give me a new one anyway.....grrrrrr ! I knew I should have got the one from ikea that was a fifth of the price ! Just shows expensive isn't always best.

tesco should be the ones sorting it and offeringg u alternative or refund with compensation!! i work for a supermarket although the competition and its on there backs to sort it for you and to claim the money back off the manufacurer, not for them to say oh retailer out of stock and will sort it out with you on so and so day!! not good enough it wouldnt be for my company, can you not ring the careline as they should sort it staright away for you!! with goodwill for inconvenience :shakehead: xx

hope its all sorted soon xx

I wouldn't accept replacement parts hun! You paid a lot of money for it and are 100% entitled to a brand new replacement. If you accept replacement parts it voids your warranty for any further repairs/replacements you may need! It's definitely on Tesco Direct to get it sorted. Just tell them that the product is not fit for the purpose to which it was sold, and that you will accept nothing other than a complete replacement or a full refund. Tell them as well, that seeing as you're heavily pregnant you expect something to be done sooner than the 23rd of this month!! That's a joke. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

xx

Yeah, I'd demand a replacement or a refund. No way you let then repair something that's brand new. Xxx

Oh hun I hope you get it sorted I'd of rang every person at tesco's head office and b******d every single one of them demanding a refund this kind of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen xx

Thanks guys ! The man from Tesco phoned me back later on last night now the manufacturer is claiming he's tried getting in contact with me this afternoon to speak to me but I'm not in.....errrrr I've not left the house since Saturday morning due to the snow and I've no missed calls on either of our phones or any emails from them ! Ooooooo I hate fibbers !!!! So the saga continues.......
***Update !.... ****The man just phoned me from the manufacturer on my landline said he'd tried to ring my mobile yesterday afternoon but it was switched off (it wasn't)...hmmmm....well why didn't you try my landline yesterday or send me an email then seeing as you have those as well.....hmmmm...... Anyway they are sending someone out to change the parts as arranged on 23rd will see how things go from there worst case scenario I will ask Tesco either for a replacement or refund if we aren't happy still after that is done. Needless to say I wont be buying anything from that particular manufacturer again as they would only do something once Tesco got involved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back