Soooo effing mad!!!!!

Frankie_Lou

Reaction score
Me and OH have decided to keep this pregnancy a secret for as long as poss as I work in a busy pub in town where everyone feels like everything is their business and goes on at you constantly. I hated my last pregnancy because of it so decided this time to just wait until its obvious. I've told select family members on both sides, my boss (he's also my uncle) and 2 of the girls I work with. I trust all of them.

Today whilst stood outside a shop in town with a group of ladies who go to the baby group with us a woman walked up to me and congratulated me on my pregnancy. Very loudly in front of everyone. She saw my shocked face and said she was sorry but C who I work with has told her and several others all about it so she thought it was common knowledge. C is not someone I've told and would in actual fact be the last person in the world I'd tell.

I've rung work and told my boss/uncle that she's been spreading the gossip and he asked if I'd like him to have a word with her. I said that was probably best as the mood I'm in if its me who has to have a word it won't be pretty! lol

She's just text me to say she's heard the rumour but swears she has not repeated it to anyone and promises me she won't. I'm so angry that this has got out and I know it's gonna spread like wildfire. I haven't even told my fucking dad yet whose out of the country at the minute so I can't even ring and warn him first.

I actually think she'd be safer if she left the bloody country for a bit! Sorry rant over lol

I understand your anger hun. Because of my job i told my boss and supervisor pretty early on. And my supervisor even asked me if im telling anyone yet and i clearly said no. We only told parents. The following week practicely everyone was asking me if it was true. My first instance was my supervisor saying something, as her daughter works with is too, so told her and the daughter telling her friends who also really good friends with my sister. Then i found out that apparently my OH brother had been telling his friends, to which one of his friends is the bf of my sisters friends. I wasnt happy. I felt they disrespected us. Why cant people just keep there mouths shut!!!xxx

So rude! It's not their news to tell!

Awww Hun I'm so sorry it's so frustrating! Why don't people keep their noses out! It's your place to tell people no one else's! I made the catastrophic mistake of telling one of the girls who I work with mainly because I wanted to be as far away from the X-ray machine as possible and now everyone knows! I'm so annoyed! So I feel your pain.

I ended up going into work last night as my LO was ill during the day so couldn't do my normal shift. We crossed over for almost 2 hours and she hid from me and didn't say a word. She kept sending the other girl who was there to talk to me if they needed to say anything. Not one word of apology or anything.
I've calmed down a lot now that I've had a few hours sleep but I still disappointed that my so called friend has done this. Oh and I asked my boss what was said when he spoke to her and she tried to completely blame a different staff member entirely for the whole thing. It's a good job I'm not working the same shift as her again until next Wednesday,hopefully I'll be over it by then.

Oh thats awful , if someone had told me about a pregnancy and id not be told from the horses mouth id not tell a soul until they had done so to me themselves! I can see why you feel let down. Id wait fir her to come to you and bring it up or apologise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back