Soo annoyed!

twinkle90

Reaction score
Do work need you to bring in an appt card to show that i have an upcoming appt? My supervisor was interrogating me about an appt i had on monday. Who it was with, what it was for etc. Im so annoyed coz now i feel like i need to bring proof in that i have an appt from now on :/ xxx

my work just take my word for it, i offered to bring my letters in at the beginning but they said no need, i guess maybe it depends on the place though :( xxx

no no no definetly not! There are alot of rules regarding work & pregnancy and I am sure from what you have said previously your employer is breaking quite a few of them x defo worth investigating hun x

It has really pissed me off tbh. Why didnt they mention it in the very beginning. And she was ttying to find out why ive got to have all these appts and tests etc. I felt like saying its non of her business! Ages a go she even said to me to try and get appts after working hours. I never did!! Why should i be treated differently. Xxx

Just had a word with my mw and even she said they dont issue appt cards as all my appts are in my notes. So up yours work!!! Haha xxx

As far as I was aware, your employer can ask you for proof of appointments. Mine never have, but I keep all the letters just in case.

My midwife said she doesnt issue them as they are all in my notes. My supervisor has shot herself in the foot really, she said that her daughter who also works with us (on mat leave atm) had to bring in these appt cards. Weve hsd the same mw, so if my mw doesnt issue them to me then sure as hell didnt issue them to her daughter. Looks all a bit strange to me really. Xxx

Funnily enough I have never once been asked to show proof of my appointments but my colleague who works in same team was asked for proof of all her appointments etc! x

I definately do feel ive been treated differently. But work have gotta suck it up if i cant issue an appt. Ill either pass my notes onto them or write them down for them xxx

Your employer can ask for what they like. Each company is different. I don't ask my staff for proof of appointments but this was common practice at a company I worked at a few years ago. If all your appointments are in your folder why not take that in, photocopy the appointments page & give it to her?

It wouldve been nice if they had notified me at the very beginning. Instead of springing it up on me today. Ill habe to tell my supervisor tomorrow as shes gone home now. And if she wants ill pop my notes in on friday. Xxx

I don't see what the problem is. If an employer is expected to pay us for time off, then they are well within their legal rights to ask for formal proof.

I've given a copy of every hospital letter in. I didn't with my 1st pregnancy, as that boss always took my word for it. This boss wants proof and formal records kept. Fine. No skin off my nose. I give photocopies of mw appt that are in the notes. No idea why people think this is an unreasonable thing to be asked. I agree it's not nice to feel as though you aren't being believed - I have thought "when have I been a shirker or lied in work? What cause does she have *not* to take my word for it?". But it is their right, so I just give the paperwork.

Edited to add:
Meant to say...it is absolutely NOT your boss' business what the appts are for. Your medical info is private and confidential. All she has the right to ask for is proof of an appt. When she digs further, just say "I'd rather not go into that, if you don't mind".

Last edited:
Yeah hun, like others have said i think she can ask for appointment letters but she should NOT be digging for details about your pregnancy and you should not feel like you have to tell her any intimate details - the finer details of your pregnancy is none of her business! xx

What about appointments where you don't have letters? I make my midwife appts over the phone so don't have any confirmations. I guess it's fine to ask but would make me feel like they didn't trust me x

What about appointments where you don't have letters? I make my midwife appts over the phone so don't have any confirmations. I guess it's fine to ask but would make me feel like they didn't trust me x

Ive go no appt cards! But i dont fsncy taking my notes into work, cuz theres things in there id rather not be shown. And i cant easily "photocopy" them. What do i do? I just wish they mention it earlier..why all of a sudden now...

Maybe you could ask the doctors surgery or hospital to type you a letter with all your appointments in it? You defo shouldn't have to take your notes

Maybe you could ask the doctors surgery or hospital to type you a letter with all your appointments in it? You defo shouldn't have to take your notes

Again, exactly..my notes are my personal thing between myself and mw/hospital use and knowledge. Its been 5/6 months theyve known about my pregnancy, i just dont understand why now, ask for proof xxx

So after all this about them wanting proof of appts, thst wasnt the case. They wanted them for Health and Safety reasons. So ivr told my supervisor that my mw said she doesnt issue them. She just says it doesnt matter. Just write them down and hand them in tomorrow. All thst fuss for nothing really. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back