Something wonderful has just happened

Sydneysmum

Reaction score
Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone! I have every reason to be happy - something quite wonderful happened to me a couple of days ago.

I am now nearly 10 weeks pregnant but on Christmas Eve I lost a large clot of blood. I phoned my midwife and told her and she said it didn't look hopeful but that she would see what she could do to get me an emergency appointment at the surgery. She phoned back a few moments later to say they could not get me in for a scan until the day after Boxing Day and that would be at my local hospital. I had no further bleeding and no cramping at all but I still spent an hour sitting in the bath crying, thankfully a friend took my 8 year old boy out for a few hours.

We had the best Christmas we could - we held it together for my boy but I took some heart from the fact that my symptoms hadn't gone away. On the morning of the scan my partner and I decided that if the baby had gone we would be ok and that we could move on.

I cried when I saw my little one's heart beat on the scanner. There were no abnormalities and the baby was the right size for my dates. The midwife suggested that the clot could have come about when the baby implanted but that we would probably never know.

So happy New Year to everyone! Me and my small family are looking forward to having another baby in August. :D

That is great news, I'm really glad things turned out well for you and your family :hug: :cheer:

Aw, you've had a really low end to the year hun, it's lovely news and looking forward to a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Glad everything was ok for you and your family xxx

What a new year celebration hey! Congratulations :D so happy for you! x

Sounds likie baby is just meant to be doesn't it? Glad everything is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27