someone help me out on this topic

leelee1793

Reaction score
i was on birth control since i was 16 and i am now 18. for the last 3 months i got to be really horrible at taking them. i would forget to take them, i would skip 4 days and then on my fifth day i would take all of them at the same time. but i stopped taking my birth control as of february 11 and i was suppose to get my period on saturday march 5 and it is now tuesday march 8 and still have not recieved my period. i took a home pregnacy test yesterday morning and it came out negative. but this morning i got up went to the bathroom checked to see if i gotten my period and still didn't. but then when i was at work i went to the bathroom and had started to bleed but it was very light kind of like i was spotting. but the bleeding only lasted for an hour. is there any chance that i am pregnant?so once i stop taking my birth control i'm not going to bleed for 3 months even though if i've had unprotected sex and he went inside of me more than once? so when is the best/right time to get pregnant?

Hi!

I'm not sure why you wouldn't get your period for 3 months after stopping the pill. Anytime I stopped the pill, I would get mine within 4 days, and then regular cycles followed. As far as I have heard, doctors recommend waiting 3 months after stopping the pill to try to conceive, but you can definitely still get pregnant. In fact, I think you can get pregnant even if you skip one pill! It took my husband and I two or three months after stopping the pill before I got pregnant.

I am unsure by your message if you do or don't want to be pregnant..... but the best way to educate yourself is to take an hour or two alone and search the internet. It is amazing, the wonderful sites of health information!! What you are doing is not good for your body, to be skipping pills then doubling up, trippling up....... you should really find another method of birth control. According to all of the research I have done, it is very possible to get pregnant after two missed (combination no the mini pill) pills. You have to have taken the pill "successfully" for seven straight days, after your first complete pack, to be protected against pregnancy. As far as the best time to get pregnant - well, it is fourteen days BEFORE the start of your period. The only way you will know this is if you knew how many days apart your period was before you ever went on the pill.....that is your TRUE cycle. Being on the pill makes you a regular 28-day, clock-work starter so you really don't know when your most fertile time is until your cycles have resumed to normal with no hormones in your system from the pill. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/index.htm <<<<<<try this website, I really liked it and it has a number you can call to actually ask someone questions (not sure where you are located). Hope I have not rambled and answered at least part of your question. Thanks, good luck, and BE CAREFUL unless a pregnancy is really what you are ready for!!!! :~)

leelee1793 said:
i was on birth control since i was 16 and i am now 18. for the last 3 months i got to be really horrible at taking them. i would forget to take them, i would skip 4 days and then on my fifth day i would take all of them at the same time. but i stopped taking my birth control as of february 11 and i was suppose to get my period on saturday march 5 and it is now tuesday march 8 and still have not recieved my period. i took a home pregnacy test yesterday morning and it came out negative. but this morning i got up went to the bathroom checked to see if i gotten my period and still didn't. but then when i was at work i went to the bathroom and had started to bleed but it was very light kind of like i was spotting. but the bleeding only lasted for an hour. is there any chance that i am pregnant?so once i stop taking my birth control i'm not going to bleed for 3 months even though if i've had unprotected sex and he went inside of me more than once? so when is the best/right time to get pregnant?

Some years ago I got pregnant after taking the morning after pill, so I suggest that if you are worried, you should take another pregnancy test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back