Some tips i got for nausea...

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Hello lovelies

I know most of us are either feeling/being sick so thought I'd share a couple of ideas I got today which, so far, seem to be working.

1. Sea bands (£8 from chemist) acupressure points in the wrist which helps with nausea in pregnancy
2. Iced water with lemon squeezed in (I have half a lemon per glass)

Usually this time I'm hugging the toilet bowl but haven't been sick today and I even managed my dinner. Go me!

Any other ideas posted welcome!

Hope you're all having a wild Saturday night like me (ironing in my jammies and watching one born).

Xxx

Last edited:
Mine is so wild I'm already in bed watching Take Me Out!!

Ginger biscuits seem to be good to nibble on for me

Thanks for the tips the iced water sounds really refreshing!!! Have fun crazy thing! ;)

Watermelon and sucking on a lolly pop like a chuppa chup.
I'm wearing the bands, not sure if it's helping yet tbh.
Ginger biscuits are apparently good but I'm finding that dry things are making me gag x

Cosmic...I went and bought 10 chuppa chup lollies specifically cherry flavour...super minds! ;)

No chubba chups :-( going to have me a Calippo. The ice lolly of champions :)

Tried ginger nuts but too dry and made me ill.

How good was take me out tonight? That guy all in white was scary! Lol. Perfect Sat night telly :) xxx

I find the only thing that helps is putting a pillow over my face until I pass out! Lol serious though how can you tell when your sickness is more then just sickness I'm honestly dying here x

Amyrose I was the same, it was horrendous. None of the remedies worked for me, I was just constantly throwing up no matter what I tried.
If you can't keep water down, try sucking on ice or ice pops.
I ended up phoning my midwife in tears after 2 weeks of constant throwing up, I was then admitted to hospital with hyperemesis and put on a drip.
Hope u don't get to that stage hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips girls!:)

I just have nausea and it lasts ALL day I feel terrible!

Hope we all feel better soon!!

Xx

I had it horrendous and the only thing that didn't make me sick was twixs and ice pops xx

Maybe baby I'd try the sea bands. I was so sceptical but they've stopped the nausea for me. I checked them out online too to see how it actually works and they have great reviews for women in tri 1. Hope you feel better soon, nausea sucks :-( xx

Hi ladies - I used to take a box of ready chopped fruit and veg chunks (apple, sweet pepper, carrot and grapes)and small chunks of cheese to work, and grazed on them every 15 mins or so. think it was the protein in the cheese that did the trick, sat in your tum and helped longer, kept the naseua at bay.

Last edited:
Really like this idea as I can never face lunch at work so nibbles may be the way forward! Lol. Thanks hun :) xx

Essjaypea - thanks for those hun! I've been drinking loads of iced water and it does help, not tried it with lemon in so I will have a go at that!

JJ mum - thanks for that idea too I am also going to pinch that one! I've been snacking loads at my desk at work as it really does help, but unfortunately my snacks have been chocolate and cereal bars lol. Yours sounds much healthier so I'm going to be a bit more organised and try that instead! Xx

All these tips sound fab gonna have to give them a try as I feel sick every day an cant keep making myself sick to make myself feel better..........thank god I see the midwife on Friday can tell her all my woes lol

seriously though I have tried a few things to keep sickness at bay......eating breakfast before work like toast, got a packet of rich teas in my drawer at work but not feeling like theyre helping but recently I have found that if I have a glass of milk as soon as I get up I can keep the sickness at bay until I get something proper to eat I must have drank my bodyweight in milk and let me tell you that is not a small amount :rofl:

I've managed to crawl from my bed to the couch I have a glass of Ginger ale with loads of ice I'm sipping on I don't think it's working. My throat is burning and sore from being sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back