some sharpe pains down one side

Amylize

Reaction score
It's not unbearable but makes me worry! i have seen a midwife yet. but went to walk in on monday with what i thought was a urine infection but turns out everything ok blood pressure etc......

She did feel my tummy and said she couldnt feel anything that shouldnt be there.

BUT i havent been able to go to the toilet for a few days for a number 2 (sorry)... could it be this?

xx

:wave: Hi Amylize, sorry to hear that you are worried.

From a lady with previous experience of ectopic pregnancy, I can say that I had several symptoms to indicate that something was wrong with the pregnancy. Sharp pains in my side, ironically, was not one of them. I had pain that felt like trapped wind, I was VERY tender to touch in the lower abdominal area, it hurt to go to the loo, I was frequently dizzy and had severe headaches. Despite all of this, I ignored the symptoms and was not diagnosed until my dating scan. I was very, very lucky because ectopics do not normally stay live without rupturing until this stage. :shock:

However, with this pregnancy I have been SO worried because I have had shooting pain in the same side as the ectopic, but they feel entirely different to the pain I felt before. I had an early scan last week and everything is ok. I was told it could just be pulling on scar tissue from the operation, or it could be just normal pregnancy pains. However, I have found it to be worse when I need the loo. :blush:

In essence, what I'm trying to say, is if you have genuine concerns then don't ignore them and see your doctor or the EPU. However, there are a lot of aches and pains that are quite normal in pregnancy so we can't worry about every little one or we would drive ourselves insane! :wall2:

Hope you feel better and more relaxed soon. xx :)

:wave:Hi Fordee

The pain really isnt unbearable and as only really started this morning, I did have simalar pains last week but on the opposite side. I am actually trying to register with another doctor tomorrow because my current one i feel isnt very good, because i was told they would see me in 6 - 8 weeks when i told them i found out i was pregnant two weeks ago.. the one i want to move to said i would be given a midewife appointment as soon as i am registered with them. Do you think i should make a doctors appointment anyways with my current doctor until i am registered? i am going to fill paperwork in tomorrow evening after work.

X

and what do you mean it hurt to go to the loo?

x

constipation is normal hun, i can only go once a week and nothing works for me, nt sure about the pains could it be baby burrowing xxx

Hi Amylize, no mine wasn't unbearable either - but it did have me doubled over several times. Hard to describe because everyone's pain threshold is different. The pain came and went but the tenderness and associated swelling remained and worsened. And when I went to the loo, the pressure inside (around my fallopian tube) increased and caused me to have a very specific one-sided pain. It's strange, because your tubes are so small, the pain can actually seem off centre rather than one sided.
If you have genuine concerns, then make an appointment to see the doctor or EPU. Ectopic pregnancies are taken very seriously, so if you are presenting symptoms I'm sure you will be listened to.
And stop googling! This website is fantastic for everything to do with ectopics. They do not scaremonger, just give you the facts.
www.ectopic.org.uk
But remember, as I said before, I've been having more one-sided pain in this pregnancy but it's different and is not related to another ectopic.

Thanks Fordee!

I have been taking to a pregnancy advisor on Apatmil website. I explained my systems etc and she believes it is constipation because i have wind but cannot actually go to the toilet and i shouldnt have to push so when i push it causes a slight pain. Today i dont feel too bad, i keep having twinges today but not just at one side, all over really. so maybe i am over reacting!

x

Hi. I had the same thing. Was on one side then the other. Was very worrying. I did fone nh24 and was taken in for a scan. All was ok! I got it a week later so went to docs for more advice. I was just told to take it easy and had a weeks rest in bed.since then iv not had it again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back