Some advice :)

twinkle90

Reaction score
Sorry im Tri Hopping..im just wondering do any lovely ladies have any guidence of what to put in a Matrrnity Leave letter? Thanks xxx

Just keep it factual. Due date and the date you want to start maternity leave. My work had a form so that made it very easy!

Xx

Yeah my work had a draft letter that my manager actually just altered dates and name/address etc..
You wont have to go into detail hun.

Just when you wish to start, if u want to state how long u want off but i dnt think thats something u have to tell them until atleast 8weeks before u want to return to work!
And u are always able to change your mind if u want less or longer off xxx

Thank you. Ill have to look at some sample letters online xxx

I just wrote a short letter stating when I wanted to start my maternity leave and that I was enclosing the matb1 form. I also wrote that I intended to return to work once my maternity leave had finished. I didn't write when I intended to come back as you don't have to, though I have verbally indicated when.

Mine said when I wanted to use maternity leave from how many weeks I wanted to take of it and asked them to confirm the pay structure in my company ie how many weeks full /statutary I would recieve and if this would be paid monthly or as a lump sum at the start. I also stated that I enclosed my mat b1 which I did (iv kept photocopys of it at home just in case) x

How did you all end the letter? Thanks and your name? Yours sincerely/faithfully and your name? Xxx

How did you all end the letter? Thanks and your name? Yours sincerely/faithfully and your name? Xxx
I work for a relatively small company so wrote,

I look forward to recieving confirmation of your reciept of my notice of maternity leave soon,

Kind regards

My name and signed above it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back