Some advice on pubes. TMI

redbear

Reaction score
Im posting on hear to offer some strange advice for you ladies due soon
Before i had my baby on tri three we discussed trimming the forest a lot - so a few days before labour i veeted, which was fine, but i needed stitches after labour... And its very painful
I dare not veet because it will sting and i dare not shave because of the stitches.... and now its growing back... and itches like fook... which is horrible as i cant do anything because it hurts so much....
So my advice would be to leave the pubes alone! I wish i had as when i actually went into labour i couldn't care less about the forest, especially when they are shoving stuff up your bum and stitching you up after... pubes are the nicest thing a midwife will look at!!

Sorry for the TMI but hopefully i will save someone some discomfort!!

Last edited:
Seriously think of the after effects... it never occured to me that i wouldnt be able to sort myself out afterwards! xx

Lol this has defo reassured me about my flourishing garden! Can't reach it to shave so feel happy about it now!

Just gave it a wee trim with the scissors LOL but now I will def not worry about doing anything further - thanks for sharing the advice :)

Thanks! I think I will take your advice! :)

Thanks for the advice, I'm just going to trim with scissors I was planning on a full bald eagle look but now you've said no way!!!
Hope you get some relief x x

I got rid of my garden a few weeks ago as I hated the feelin of hair down there. Had it off again yesterday but think I will leave it now, especially as I could go into labour any day :D

Thanks hun x

Hope Alice is behaving herself xx

Yeh honest ladies i wish someone had come back and warned me! I dont mind hair and i dont mind bald but in between is just stubbley horridness!!!

Leave it be ladies :D

Alice is wonderful such a laid back baby, she sleeps most of the time, last night she woke up at 5am for a feed and bum change and had to be woken up this morning for a feed! So im only having to get up for half hour in the night, couldnt ask for much better just FX it lasts!! xx

Last edited:
i agree but for a different reason. i veeted the whole area a couple of weeks ago as couldnt see down there to do anything different. i wish i hadnt. its a horrible stubbly mess when growing back, very unfomfortable with ingrowing hairs and beacuse i cannot see down there its very hard to sort out the ingrowing hairs! i have to get in very twisted positions with a mirror and even then it doesnt always work!

Ah thanks hun will defo be taking that advise , did try blindly to do my garden yesterday with the razor part of my epilator but its no easy task anyway and think i will leave it to grow from now on lol

Great to hear how well Alice is doing lucky you gettin lots of sleep :)

This may be a silly question, but if you need stitches would they shave/trim down the area around the wound first anyway?

I dunno carly good question they didnt with me, although i had shaved before so maybe they didnt nned to i dont even know where they stiched it could be just inside but it hurts too much to check!! But im sure a little stubby patch would be better than the whole thing itching.

Hugsy- yeh loving having a lazy baby making the most of it while it lasts!! Only awake once again last night for a feed and bum change and back to sleep within about half hour :) xx

Yeah I'm def taking this advice! I'm gonna deal with the irritating regrowth now rather than after when I'll be uncomfortable enough anyway! Will wait until I'm fully healed before I start worrying about how down there looks lol :) x

Thanks for this, saves me worrying about the extremely huge forest down there lol

Just have to hope midwives seen worse than me :whistle:

Well its ot like you can do anything for six weeks after the birth anyway so may aswell let it go wild :D xx

My local hospital actually advice you NOT to shave from one month before your duedate, due to a bigger risk of infection as well. Got a letter from them telling me this...lol!

Last edited:
My mum advised the same, lol. I think just a considerable trim will do :) :)

I went for a wax with a new girl recently.... It was hilarious when she told me I'd had a "playboy" wax.... Haahaaahaaa I'm so far from the playboy mansion right now it's funny. I have to say it was painful but only takes 15mins and well worth it as nice a neat now. Plus when it grows back there is no itching at all. If you are tempted to trim, just go for the wax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back